Hue is quality; should start for Ja

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hue is quality; should start for Ja

Di man dem fi stop fight Jerry Hue. He was the best player on the field against DC United (and that is counting the DC players as well). Good ball control, dribbling only when needed, good shots, good passing. One of a very few jamaican players over the last 15 years who is good at creating for others with an incisive last pass or starting a good attacking move. Almost everytime I have seen this player, he has been one of the very best Jamaican players on the field.

He has earned his place.

Was more assertive in the second half, in any event, he is an eye-catching, explosive player. I agree.
    HV has much work to do;the defense was terrible,errant passes in the opponents' half, and strikers that refuse to tackle( on the few times they did,it seemingly was done as a symbolic gesture). I was very impressed with the ball handling through out the left side of the field.
    Two things really ****************ed me off;
    1)I believe I was forced to watch a 25 minutes time delay broadcast of the game.
    2)Those blasted commentators.

Blessed

Comment

This is a major problem I have with our Central defenders especially. they will play well for a while and then make some horrible errors that will provide goal scoring opportunities. A complete lapse in concentration.

Comment

I did not see that.

Comment

Good observation at that level you pay
          with a goal. We get comfortable making those mistakes because of constantly playing high school football and rating it as tops.

Comment

Originally posted by OJ View Post
            I did not see that.
            Jermaine Taylor was late on a couple plays and out of position.

Clifton Waugh was coming out of the 18 and kicked the ball staright onto the DC United attackers foot.

Scarlett also had a play where he was dilly dallying with the ball and gave away the ball by out 18.

They all played solid for the most part, but these major errors lose games and that is how we normally lose in this competition and in Intl games.

Comment

I don't think anyone disputed his quality however di 5 minutes here and there ting cyaan work. There were many times last night that Hue stood still instead of making a run to open up space or to receive a pass.

Comment

Originally posted by LannyD View Post
                Di man dem fi stop fight Jerry Hue. He was the best player on the field against DC United (and that is counting the DC players as well). Good ball control, dribbling only when needed, good shots, good passing. One of a very few jamaican players over the last 15 years who is good at creating for others with an incisive last pass or starting a good attacking move. Almost everytime I have seen this player, he has been one of the very best Jamaican players on the field.

He has earned his place.
                Jerry was one of those providing - NO SUPPORT!
                I think you saw a different game.

Not saying he is not creative...but you cannot create if you hardly ever have the ball. (...and he by example - did not encourage supporting of the man on the ball...or when the opponent had the ball followed/cut off passes/closed down passing options by the opposition by going with opposing players who without that moved around and by him! - The game is not only played when 'you' have the ball. - Surprise! It goes on when 'you' are without the ball!)

...put another way - there are more opportunities to create when 'you' have greater possession!
                Last edited by Karl; March 13, 2008, 02:01 PM.
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

If he did not provide support and had so many wonderful touches and passes, God help any team in the world he comes up against while providing support.

Straight death!

That's all I have to say on that!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

That is exactly it. It should be straight death given the ability that he has.

Comment

Di bwoy Hue is a balla weh have nuff class, yuh can seeit ebry time him deh pan di ball. Mi wouldah love him attack di opposition some more. Him look di part an di play well inna my opinion. Him did kina resign to jus bounx it an play nuff cross fiel ball. Mi wouldah love fi si di yout use up di skill an attack more, but him did play Team yessideh Karl wouldah glad fi dat. Aldough mi waan more attack from him.

Comment

Karl will find something to fi say him nuh play team.
                        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

But that is exactly what Karl is saying, that he did not play team. If you don't suport the ball, then you are not playing team and Karl has accused Maestro of not providing support.

All I can say is Maestro's teammates did a great job finding him as he hid in the bushes, because he got several touches right to the very end!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Like I said, Maestro is not as domineering as he used to be, but he still has the excellent vision and passing ability that no Jamaican player has displayed since perhaps Allan Skill Cole.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

you figet say him is a Jamaican baller? If him did support the ball it would have the fact that nuh come back inna defense.

There is always something fi Karl.

The question for him is, was DC United playing TEAM?
                              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                              X