A match H/V has the players to win. Unfortunately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A match H/V has the players to win. Unfortunately

it appears the H/V players as TEAM do not realise that they are being shut down swiftly by the DC players...particualrly on the DC left side. ...and therefore the H/V players arrive on the ball late and when they do get the ball in any passing sequence...in 90% of their passing sequence there is one person who dwells on the ball too long and gives it away.

When DC attacks...again, particularly down the left the H?V players react slowly and allow the DC players to speed away on return passes (i.e. the DC players 1-2s).

H/V gave up a goal doing that slow reacting to the DC players attack adn movement. Granted the return pass to the DC player who scored was bobbled...but that space the H/V players gave by being late to close down gave the goalscorer time to recover and tap in!

Each H/V should be spending less time on the ball...passing and moving furiously and going for as many goals as possible. It surely will be a different match in DC where 'the field will play much better' and be to DC's advantage.

Disappointed in H/V's play. They have been in this competition long enough to know what is required.

I am feeling that a chance to 'put their players in the marketplace' for a longer period that one match in DC is being thrown away!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

karl not many people may agree with you

Comment

Originally posted by Naminirt View Post
      karl not many people may agree with you
      I know!

Final score: 1 - 1

Again H/V showed they have the players...yet after they scored they appeared disintrested...gave away the ball often...wandered slowly to restart play...played - believe me I thought it was impossible - TOTAL ANTI-TEAM for the last 5 minutes or thereabouts instead of pressing for good TEAMplay and a goal!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
        Disappointed in H/V's play.
        wow.. that is harsh... h/v was the better team, without doubt and deserved to win the game... speaking of field, both teams had to play on the same surface... i was impressed with h/v play... good skill, they passed the ball as good as or better than dc for most of the game... dc with their high profile players had nothing on h/v in this game...
        'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

mi really worried with how Stewart going to keep up in the midfield in the return leg. Taylor and his late challenges is also a concern.

Comment

Originally posted by Baddaz View Post
            wow.. that is harsh... h/v was the better team, without doubt and deserved to win the game... speaking of field, both teams had to play on the same surface... i was impressed with h/v play... good skill, they passed the ball as good as or better than dc for most of the game... dc with their high profile players had nothing on h/v in this game...
            Baddaz: Any ball with the H/V players having a slight edge in being nearer to the ball DC won!

DC also had swiftly overlapping players that the H/V players were always a step or two behind...and in the ensuing chase the H/V players proved they were quick enough across ground to have not been left in the 1st place. You know that means the H/V players were being slower of thought! ...or not focused...or unaware of what was happening around them. Anyway you cut it poor play! Matters not if it was slow thinking...not concentrating...or just dumb! Poor play!

They had the technical skills...the speed across ground...and was never able to often use it to 'wap' DC! In my book, opportunity squandered!

Comment

Okay, Karl.

Now, review your "tape" and see if there was any positive, even one, apart from "speed across ground", in H/V's (sic) display last night.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                Baddaz: Any ball with the H/V players having a slight edge in being nearer to the ball DC won!
                don't know which game you was watching... the game was last nite karl, not 2005...

the game i watched, the h/v players were quicker to the ball and won more of their fair share of 50-50 balls... with the exception of the goal dc scored where it was evident that the h/v defenders lost concentration, hence the confusion allowing dc to score, the h/v team played above the expectation of most people... of course that doesn't include you...

DC also had swiftly overlapping players that the H/V players were always a step or two behind...
                look there were two teams playing... of course dc should have their moments... thats the expectation... if they didn't, they would not be playing professionals...

i also saw h/v with swiftly overlapping players that dc had trouble with and were a step or two behind, moreso than dc had... scarlett routinely beat the defender with pace and if he was able to make more quality crosses that scoreline would have been different... i dont know about you karl... seems as if you are not being objective... i am noticing a penchant for framing an argument based upon a preconceived conclusion...

i saw a h/v team that controlled the midfield... hue made some impressive passes, short and quick... i saw hue thinking the game and executing some passes that looked riquelmesque... he is not the typical industrius player but he sure is effective and demonstrated confidence - like he belonged... you should look at the match again...
                'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Originally posted by Baddaz View Post
                  i am noticing a penchant for framing an argument based upon a preconceived conclusion...
                  Really?! That's odd!

sigh!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                    Okay, Karl.

Now, review your "tape" and see if there was any positive, even one, apart from "speed across ground", in H/V's (sic) display last night.
                    1. I certainly mentioned that they were good enough to have won...by many goals!

You do not think that is a positive? ...the highest possible positive that I could have given?

Let me repeat others -
                    2. The players looked as if they had good speed across ground. (Yes! I said that already!)

3. They demonstrated that they have the necessary technical ability to match DC. (Yes! I said that already!)

Comment

Thanks, but these positives have just been overshadowed by a stream of negatives. Makes me wonder what you might really be getting at.

By the way, I do agree with some of your negative points. SOME, but my goodness Karl, your overall assessment seems like HVFC was lucky to not pick up 6-0!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I am very concerned about Stewart. Harvey will be back in defence. Maybe they can move up Jermaine Taylor to the defensive midfield position. Taylor has been playing like a general in that position, something I've long said he looks capable of doing.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

He is just too slow and he isn't that great once placed under pressure. If Edwards wasn't there to protect him yesterday then he would have been in serious problems. Edwards really needs to work on his passing though. He brings the necessary energy to play against a team like DCU, but the offensive part is a bit off.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                            Thanks, but these positives have just been overshadowed by a stream of negatives. Makes me wonder what you might really be getting at.

By the way, I do agree with some of your negative points. SOME, but my goodness Karl, your overall assessment seems like HVFC was lucky to not pick up 6-0!
                            No it means it hurts to see the guys forming the fool with a good marketing opportunity.

...do you know what...scratch that...think what coaches looking at the match (FSC) who were looking for players and or who may subconsciously file away in their mind's eye...be thinking and saying?

DO NOT LOOK at HARBOUR VIEW PLAYERS and or JAMAICA'S PLAYERS because I watch them and ...????

Comment

Karl, something tells me they are thinking something completely different from you. Just a hunch.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X