X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Striker Tore andre Flo calls it quit

Striker Flo announces retirement

Flo had spells with Chelsea, Rangers, Sunderland and Leeds

Leeds United striker Tore Andre Flo has announced his immediate retirement from football after a 16-year career.
    The 34-year-old former Chelsea forward has left Elland Road after scoring four goals in 24 appearances for the club.
    Flo told the club website: "I loved my time at Leeds and I just wish I could have been a lot more free of injury.
    "I'd like to thank everyone in and around Leeds for their support. It was great to be a part of the club, and I'm very happy to have played for Leeds."
    The former Norwegian international was signed by Dennis Wise - his former Chelsea team-mate and then Leeds United manager - in January 2007, but suffered a foot fracture after scoring on his full debut.
    He missed the remainder of the season, but returned in the summer and has started four games this season, scoring three times.
    Flo said: "I had two goals this season, one was to get fit and free from injury, and the other was to get a regular place in the team.
    Going with the Flo
    Scored 189 career goals
    Had spells with Chelsea, Sunderland and Rangers
    Became the SPL's most expensive signing when joining Rangers for £14m

"They were both equally important to me, but while I managed to get fit I didn't get a regular place.
    "I talked it over with my family as it's a big decision. My wife is pregnant, I have been commuting, and I will be able to see my three children a lot more."
    Leeds manager Gary McAllister paid tribute to Flo after Tuesday's home defeat to Cheltenham, despite only working with him for a few months.
    McAllister told BBC Radio Leeds: "The time I did work with him here he was first class, but not only a first-class professional, also a fantastic player.
    "I played against him many times, and during his spell at Chelsea - which was probably his best spell - he was a quality player who was always a threat and I think he's a foreign player that's come into our country and been a success.

He has been a great player throughout his career and I would like to wish him all the best for the future.

Leeds chairman Ken Bates on Tore Andre Flo

"He's a great example for young professionals to look at. He looked after himself, did have a few injuries over the years but worked hard to get himself back fit, and represented his country at the highest level, so I've nothing but admiration for Tore Andre Flo." Leeds chairman Ken Bates, who also worked with Flo at Chelsea, told the Leeds United website: "He signed for me at Chelsea as a kid and came to Leeds in our hour of need. "My personal thanks go to him. He has been a great player throughout his career and I would like to wish him all the best for the future."
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Anybody memba CONCACAF's greatest center half have him saaf? At one point he tried to lean into the general and him simply back whey .. Flo ended up on the ground.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Working...
    X