rivalry asside, i'm offended

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rivalry asside, i'm offended

Arsene Wenger reckons Cesc Fabregas and Mathieu Flamini are the best central midfield partnership he's ever had at the club - even better than Patrick Viera and Emmanuel Petit. "Before, we had players with impact and now the player's strength is in mobility," says the Arsenal boss. (Various)
    Karl commenting on Maschaeroni's sending off, "Getting sent off like that is anti-TEAM!
    Terrible decision by the player!":busshead::Laugh&roll::Laugh&roll::eek::La ugh&roll:

I always thought Henry was one of the few reasons for Arsenal at least being seen as a formidable team,Fabregas would've you believe otherwise.
    Impact vs strength is not a distinction I appreciate, Vieira solidified Arsenal midfield and led in ways Flamini and Fabregas cannot replicate so far.
    If it wasn't an ace striker and a steel(hi Mexxx)midfielder(both from France)...., what was the reason for the (now distant) better times?
    Arsenal midfield is largely unproven, and relative to other midfields(Man U's, Chelsea's)has not made the gains he is suggesting.

Blessed

Comment

mi fellow ites might kill mi off but di 02/03 Arsenal team is one of the best midfield in world football of all time.... not to mention di dutch french connection up front....

Campbell, Toure, Lauren, Cole,Gilberto, edu, Pires, Viera, Ljumberg, henry, Bergkamp, kanu....

when mi si sensible man like OJ a se arsenal have the best midfield in the EPL, when nuh have no genuine wingers or any real water carrier, except Gilberto, mi wonder the logics...

mi no expect better from karl wid him antiquated concept of TEAMPLAY...
      Karl commenting on Maschaeroni's sending off, "Getting sent off like that is anti-TEAM!
      Terrible decision by the player!":busshead::Laugh&roll::Laugh&roll::eek::La ugh&roll:

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
        Impact vs strength is not a distinction I appreciate, Vieira solidified Arsenal midfield and led in ways Flamini and Fabregas cannot replicate so far.
        Arsene Wenger is giving his motivational speech! He knows that dropping these 6 points at this stage of the game is terrible...but he wants the YOUNG GUNNERS to put it behind them and at the very least win all other matches excepting those against BoyU, Liverpool and Chelsea where the least he wants is a draw.

btw - If we produce those results it would be hardly likely we would win the EPL. Possible lost in a nailbiter by one or two points. Trust me BoyU, and Chelsea shall drop points!

Wenger and all of the YOUNG GUNNERS legion of fanz really want wins in all remaining matches. Do that and the EPL Championship is OURS!
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

As much as I hate to say it. Arsenal for my money is the most entertaining team in the world right now. There is no team I enjoy watching more at the moment and that includes Barcelona and my beloved man u. - T.K.
          No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

Originally posted by Yuttie View Post

TEAMplay antiquated?
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

These are the kind of lies they tell at funerals. They make the term hypebole seem like understatement. Somehow, by the time the virtues of the deceased are completely extolled, that is fabricated and made to seem like a deity, everyone will have forgotten that the guy was a wutliss john crow. Same here. Wenger is just trying to motivate his team. There is no way the Arsenal midfield it the best or the most entertaining in the world right now. It is certainly very good. However, it is not as good as some other Arsenal midfields post 1998. While I am a ManU loyalist for life, I absolutely appreciate Arsenal football and I always will as long as they continue to play the game well.
              "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Comment

Originally posted by Westman View Post
                There is no way the Arsenal midfield it the best or the most entertaining in the world right now.
                I can only give my opinion but I must say watching them play brings a smile to my face. It really is inspiring to watch. If somone said I could go travel to watch any team in the world play right now it would have to be Arsenal hands down. For my money they are playing the most attractive and entertaining ball for me right now. It is all in the eye of the beholder I guess. - T.K.
                No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

Originally posted by T.K. View Post
                  I can only give my opinion but I must say watching them play brings a smile to my face. It really is inspiring to watch. If somone said I could go travel to watch any team in the world play right now it would have to be Arsenal hands down. For my money they are playing the most attractive and entertaining ball for me right now. It is all in the eye of the beholder I guess. - T.K.
                  A dem talk de mek me haffi question yuh membaship and allegence to the Empire. I'll give the Baby Gummers dem due, but no way are they playing the more attractive ball than the Empire. What is more beautiful to watch than when a side string 7 to 10 passes and it results in a goal. The Baby Gummers run a far second to the Empire where that is concerned. Plus the quality of our goals are superior.
                  Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

You hit the nail on the head! ..if given a choice of going to watch one of any TEAM in the world the choice would be - THE GUNNERS!

They just play the 'sweetest' ball on the planet!

Comment

I especially enjoyed watching the Gunners in the replay of the recent 4 love. I am sure you enjoyed it too.

Have a good one Karl!
                      "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Comment

Originally posted by Westman View Post
                        I especially enjoyed watching the Gunners in the replay of the recent 4 love. I am sure you enjoyed it too.

Have a good one Karl!

...was an interesting match!

Comment

Rack EM!!!!!

Originally posted by Yuttie View Post
                          mi fellow ites might kill mi off but di 02/03 Arsenal team is one of the best midfield in world football of all time.... not to mention di dutch french connection up front....

Campbell, Toure, Lauren, Cole,Gilberto, edu, Pires, Viera, Ljumberg, henry, Bergkamp, kanu....

when mi si sensible man like OJ a se arsenal have the best midfield in the EPL, when nuh have no genuine wingers or any real water carrier, except Gilberto, mi wonder the logics...

The BoyU faithful full of praise and in harmony like the Harlem Boys Choir```` sing on sing on
                          http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...w-kit-0708.gif the wisdom and courage of my mind and the strength and vigour of my body", to enable them to enjoy a better life. I ask God's blessings on our nation. I ask for His guidance on the government that I will lead as we face the challenges of the future. I know that we can't even walk without Him holding our hands. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...aa20b58a33.gif

Comment

Rack EM!!!

As much as I hate to say it. Arsenal for my money is the most entertaining team in the world right now. There is no team I enjoy watching more at the moment and that includes Barcelona and my beloved man u. - T.K.
                            Sing on Sing on BoyU Choir
                            http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...w-kit-0708.gif the wisdom and courage of my mind and the strength and vigour of my body", to enable them to enjoy a better life. I ask God's blessings on our nation. I ask for His guidance on the government that I will lead as we face the challenges of the future. I know that we can't even walk without Him holding our hands. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...aa20b58a33.gif

Comment

unlike Arsenal fans, we believe credit should be given where credit is due.... not like you and di wikid one gamma whe a tryi rationalise 4-0

Comment

Working...
                              X