Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The FOUR best Premier League kids

– Spurs, Liverpool, Arsenal and Manchester United take a bow

Taarabt, Fabregas, Babel and Anderson show why England's claim to have the best league in the world is totally justified.

I would like to think that I am a balanced observer of Premier League footballers and my allegiance is to none of the four teams whose players I am proudly celebrating.

But the stars of the future on whom I’m turning the spotlight are just another reason why the English Premier League is so clearly head and shoulders above the rest.

Adel Taarabt of Tottenham: I know Spurs fans drool over him, but it’s well justified. Taarabt arrived with a bang just over a year ago at Upton Park where his first five minutes of Premier League football were a joy to watch. Juande Ramos is wisely introducing the 18-year-old slowly so as to give him time to adapt to the game.

Sure to get his first start before the season is out and will no doubt become a star for the future. His tag of being the next Zinedine Zidane seems odd though as his position on the park and the qualities he possess bear very little relation to the former World Cup winner.

Cesc Fabregas of Arsenal: Yes, of course he is on this short-list. He may have been around seemingly for ages but the Spaniard is still only 20. With potential that is frankly scary and with bags of experience already in his locker, the world is his oyster. The midfielder already has experience of playing in an FA Cup Final, a League Cup final and a Champions League final, which must be some sort of record.

Maybe this year he will add the Premier League to that growing CV. Mischievously courted by Spanish giants Real Madrid and Barcelona, Arsene Wenger and Gunners fans would sooner sell the Emirates Stadium than the jewel in their crown. A future full of promise and a great advert for Wenger's ability to spot talent.

Ryan Babel of Liverpool: Came in for some unfair criticism earlier in the season but is now beginning to find his feet and has impressed many at Anfield in his first season in England. He has started the last four games, which have produced four wins.

The Dutchman is apparently attempting to model his game on Thierry Henry and is keen to increase his goal threat to add to his teasing wide runs and whipped finishes. Already has eight goals in 20 starts so he knows where the net is. The 21-year-old was wanted by several clubs and Rafa did well to beat all-comers to the Ajax man.

Anderson of Manchester United: I really didn’t expect him to hit top gear so early, and apparently neither did Sir Alex, but the Brazilian has been awesome for United. Shows great composure on the ball and is strong in the tackle but can also find a player with passes of great vision. Still only 19 and one of a crop of youngsters who should neatly dovetail with the aging members Ferguson’s squad.

There are many other youngsters in the Premier League who could hold claim to being among the brightest and who were not left out for any derogatory reason. British kids such as Micah Richards, Gabriel Agbonlahor, Mark Noble and Theo Walcott are among a fresh crop of home-grown youngsters who will, hopefully, steer not only their clubs but also the England team, to greater things.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

If it wasn't Anderson it would be Nani(Dem fi name Nani to).
    Taarabt and Babel decent

Blessed

Comment

Can't fault this article!
      It is 'Good talk'! 'Nice' crop of players!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
      X