Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Campbell-Ryce: Barnsley have plenty in reserve

Barnsley have plenty in reserve

JAMAICAN international Jamal Campbell-Ryce reckons Barnsley have enough strength in depth to compensate for Anderson de Silva's injury nightmare.

The Brazilian could be sidelined for up to seven months after rupturing his anterior cruciate ligament in an innocuous incident at Norwich last month.

De Silva's injury is identical to keeper Heinz Muller's knock and boss Simon Davey's squad will have to prepare for life without the duo until next season.

Campbell-Ryce, who scored his third goal for the Tykes at Blackpool in midweek, said: "His quality will be missed but we have got other good players who can fill his boots.

"He's a very good player. We are disappointed for him because we have only just signed him permanently."

Davey added: "Anderson is distraught. We as a club are distraught and it is a massive blow to us after chasing him all season.

"We will support him as best we can through a long rehab programme."
    Stranger

On the team's league predicament, Campbell-Ryce added: "We have not had the best of times away from home this season but that is what this league is like and anyone can beat everyone else.

"Confidence is high in the dressing room and we have a lot of faith in each other and in the team. We have to get to that safety mark first and foremost and I believe it will come sooner rather than later."

Davey dropped Martin Devaney to the bench for the trip to Blackpool in midweek and decided to move Campbell-Ryce to the left flank. And the boss was more than satisfied with his overall performance.

He said: "Jamal looked lively and had a few chances in the first half. It was a great finish with his right foot. He's played out there a few times and come up trumps for us."

The full article contains 312 words and appears in n/a newspaper.
    Last Updated: 10 March 2008 10:27 AM
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

He had a good game in the FA Cup match this week-end. ...and, I was surprised to see him work and work and work and...! He gave everything he had for TEAM!
    Now rooting for him and his TEAM to go to the finals!
    That would be great!

----------

Fuller's TEAM in with a chance to win the division!

--------

King playing very well.
    Need his TEAMmates to respect his goalscoring ability!

-------------------

It is all good!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Had a fantastic game..fans carried him on there shoulders

He had fantastic game yesterday. Now I see why the TD's keep picking him to start for us, I was never a big fan, thought he was average at best but after seeing how well he defended yesterday and was always up there on the counter attacks he changed my mind.

Comment

He still tend to over dribble too much. Many times he would lose the ball because he only thinks dribble first. I was saying he is a typical Jamaican player.
        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

He is very much like the typical Jamaican winger with the selfish Brucky Boo mentality. One thing he does have over the rest is that he works extremely hard to win back the ball.

Comment

Working...
          X