Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ah True David James could not make

the Reggaeboyz squad ?

Mi hear seh him did get a tryout but could not cut it..

Ah suh ?

Heh, Heh.... woeeee!!!

Wi good as gold.

not true. he did not tryout.

Comment

Not true. I recall reading where his father (who is suppose to be living in St Elizabeth) wanted the young James to consider playing for Jamaica. As the story went, David James wanted to rep England and failing that he would've made himself available for Jamaica. The rest is history. Your source is probably mixing up David "Calamity" James with the light-skin bredda (a Canadian playing in England) who once tried out for the Boyz upon the insistence of his politician uncle. As was evident at the time, we had at least four keepers who were much better than him, and he was never re-invited to camp.
      "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

His father lives in Trelawny but hails from the parish from St. Ann, somewhere near my little chalet.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Thanks for correction...at my age it's hard to recall in the absence of an Aricept tab or some Ginko Biloba.
          "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

Only English tryout goalie I remember was the garbage name Busby or something like that.

Comment

Yep, that's his name...Busby.

Comment

Farmah, while you are here, what do you knw about Sulbutiamine, brand name Arcalion?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

That would be Junior Busby who did tryout. His uncle use to be president and I think is a boys town ecec.

Comment

David james is joe james son .He has a studio in rio bueno

I donot recall his father wanting him to play for jamaica because those days jamaica was a beating stick for the rest of concacaf. He could not make it either ..too much good keepers those days.

Comment

He could not make it either ..too much good keepers those days.
                      Which good keepers would come ahead of James?
                      "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Mercy is quite a commedian.

Back in those days James use to make quite a few blunders, but he certainly wasn't anywhere as weak on crosses as Warren Barrett. He was also much better technically than Aaron Lawrence. After that, it was pure jokers keeping in JA.

Comment

what tha....?!!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Athlete's food I suppose! It's not an FDA approved drug as far as I know.

My knowledge of it is limited. What I do know is that it's mostly used as one of the active ingredients in some energy drinks. It's a Vitamin B analogue (closer to B1/Thiamine), and is suppose to help rebuild energy, helps focus, and generally aid in replenishing fatigued cells and tissues. There's a claim that it's a "smart" drug. In a few cases (and as a last resort) it has been prescribed for emaciated patients who are HIV or cancer stricken. But I believe there's a certain miligram per Kg of body weight prescribed daily in divided doses. I would have to do a research to give you the exact RDA doses.

Yet, as I said it is not an FDA sanctioned med (as far as I'm aware) and so I believe athlete's are drawn to it as they would to steroids. I believe it is likely at most Vitamin stores. But I would think that there's a danger in consuming this drug in overdose quantities. As mi Granny used to say: too much of anything is good fi nothing!

Comment

Heh, heh.. if a nuh suh.. a near suh..

LOL !!

Comment

Working...
                              X