No announcement yet.

How to make use of the white elephant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hence the problem, them rather fight with the cricket club than with the government of Ja who them a pay taxes. Most stadium have their vibes from local people and then visitors come in but is seems like the Trelawny stadium was designed especially for visitors. It remind me of high end tourism, we can stay deh and wait on it.

The admin of the stadium better start giving promoter for free to build the vibes. However there is the need for more entertainment, food, and lodging in the very close vicinity, but them better start making use of it.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

If they need a location within close proximity to The Office, then Sligoville passes. It is closer than Munro, closer than GC Foster and would be closer than anything near the Ferdi Neita Park in Portmore. It also has the quiet charm, cool climate and pleasant ambience of the Munro environs. The road up to Sligoville is good, being the alternate route taken whenever Flat Bridge is flooded by the Rio Cobre.

It would fail though, if what they are also asking for is "some busy, city setting."
      "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

Originally posted by Farmah View Post
        "some busy, city setting."
        My words, but clearly, that's what they will end up with since Portmore seems like the intended location. That road up to Sligoville is really not that great. Some places flood during heavy downpours and landslides and road slippages are not uncommon.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

We could improve the security around the perimeter and use it as a prison compound fi all di Komrade dem dat heading 'undah di jail'

Dem couldn manage GP.

Comment

Giants stadium is easily accessible by car because one branch of the NJ Turnpike runs past it. The new toll to get back in NY is $8 which is a detterent to the common man. Furthermote the bus service is horrible and there is no train.

Now compare that to Madisson Square Gardens with Penn Station underneath, MTA Subway and buses and you will see that Giants Stadium is not in the best place.
            The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Heaven knows they need to bulldoze that place called Jarrett Park!
              I have been saying this from as far back as the late 70s.
              "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Time View Post
                Giants stadium is easily accessible by car because one branch of the NJ Turnpike runs past it. The new toll to get back in NY is $8 which is a detterent to the common man. Furthermote the bus service is horrible and there is no train.

Now compare that to Madisson Square Gardens with Penn Station underneath, MTA Subway and buses and you will see that Giants Stadium is not in the best place.
                Madison Square Gardens 'has served its purpose'.

Have you, by car, ever taken anyone to an event there? I have on quite a few occasions - It is hell!

I think when we compare size and total spectators Giants Stadium fills up and empties much faster.

Not sure what that 1,500 crowd would do to the little village in the hills of St. Catherine...although it should have funds pumped into its economy. It all boils down to proper use! - frequency of use and events planned around that use...and "goodies" the villagers offer.

Who knows perhaps nice - uncorrupted, sensitive, kind, smart - village girls abound? Good decent companions and wonderful wives? ...as opposed to hard, cold calculating urbanites?
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                  Stop talk foolishness, that is the only reasons the nets is relocating to Brooklyn and the Devils to Newark as it easy to get to by mass transit, check it out if a lie mi a tell. Driving is no problem as you jump inna your car from queens and go cross the bridge. It is actually easier for a New Yorker who don't drive to get get to patriot stadium than giant stadium as there is a direct rail route via mass transit.
                  You speak as if Brooklyn does not have large 'empty spaces'. You do know that the idea is to build in the Old Navy Ship Yard...far from the maddening crowd in
                  the real Brooklyn?
                  ...and you do know that it is the matter of getting in and out without 'setting up' massive trafic snarls that weighed heavily in/on the making of the where to build?

The stadium in Trelawny is beautifully sited!
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                    No way in hell will it be relocated to Sligoville. The mayor of Portmore is trying to find suitable lands for the academy, and Burrell has expressed his gratitude.

Let's move on!
                    I was not suggesting "The Academy" is sited there. I am suggesting that it could be used within planned JFF operations.

Comment

My words, but clearly, that's what they will end up with since Portmore seems like the intended location. That road up to Sligoville is really not that great. Some places flood during heavy downpours and landslides and road slippages are not uncommon.
                      As Farmah says it is the alternate route. One I have used many times...and it was never blocked or presented any problem.

...and I was seriously asking about distance and time to get there. I just wanted to know.

Comment

It is not that far from Mobay. Mobay hardly has the capacity for any event that draws large numbers, so the Trelawny stadium is not a bad place. Heaven knows they need to bulldoze that place called Jarrett Park!
                        ...also forget what Sass said about highway/major road...it is easily within reach!

Comment

Yes, it's the alternate, but that does not mean it is never made impassable by bad weather!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

For the people building the staduim they care not about the traffic, well the traffic presents oppurtunity to get customers who are not supporters but just enjoy the vibes.

It nuh matter if a old train yard as the transportation to the main transports hub will be provided. It is easy for a man from Brooklyn, Queens or the bronx jump pon two train and come to the stadium in the Brooklyn yard.
                            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                            X