No announcement yet.

Which EPL team has the best midfield?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The best centre midfielders should make the players around look like superstars. Sometimes the casual fans will overlook this player. And that is why he is not singled out in thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
      Check this for a midfield:

Essien, Obi, Lampard. Ballack, MaKelele, Malouda, Joe Cole.
      How much better than that can you get?
      Yuh come wid dis 7 midfield ting, tuh?
      OK! Yuh ave 4 more players including goalkeeper - Put out yuh full line-up? ...an den tell mi which midfield from BoyU and di mighty GUNNERS yuh 7 midfielders + di 4 a guh outplay?

...an a which team di ola dem ti-ge-da cudda beat...which midfield di ole a dem ti-ge-da cudda beat...cudda prove betta dan?

Maybe di 200 team inaah di worl?! ...suh dem wudda bes a wah?
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Ok this is my take.

Outside of the top three teams in the EPL, no other teams come even close, so we'll forget them. I think it's a very close fight between The Empire and Chel$ki for top honour. Let's match them up player for player in their given roles:

The Empire Chel$ki The Baby Gummers
        Left-mid

Nani Joe Cole Helb
        Ryan Giggs (need some help here)

Central Mid
        Creative
        Carrick Ballack Fiberglass
        Scholes Lampard Denilson

Defensive Mid
        The Steel

Anderson Essien Flamini
        Hargreaves Makele Gilberto
        Fletcher Licky-licky Obi ?

Right-mid

Ronaldo Wright-Phillips Rosicky
        Park ? Sanjay (sp)

I know there are more but my brain is not working well right now. Now you can all revisit your arguments.
        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Tilla, the post did not come out in the table format like I typed it. What's up with that?
          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
            Ok this is my take.

Outside of the top three teams in the EPL, no other teams come even close, so we'll forget them. I think it's a very close fight between The Empire and Chel$ki for top honour. Let's match them up player for player in their given roles:

The Empire Chel$ki The Baby Gummers
            Left-mid

Nani Joe Cole Helb
            Ryan Giggs (need some help here)

Central Mid
            Creative
            Carrick Ballack Fiberglass
            Scholes Lampard Denilson

Defensive Mid
            The Steel

Anderson Essien Flamini
            Hargreaves Makele Gilberto
            Fletcher Licky-licky Obi ?

Right-mid

Ronaldo Wright-Phillips Rosicky
            Park ? Sanjay (sp)

I know there are more but my brain is not working well right now. Now you can all revisit your arguments.
            It would be interesting to see -
            i) the 5 players (a mix from all the players) who you would consider the very best on-the-field aggregation? ..i.e. select your dream midfield aggregation?

...and...

ii) the 5 from the TEAM you consider has best on-the-field midfield aggregation?
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Jangle,

You need to switch Anderson and Carrick. Anderson is not a defensive mid. He is Scholes' replacement.

Based on how you put it

Left Mid = Helb.
              Creative = Scholes
              Defensive = Essien
              Right = Goes without saying.

I was of the impression the inital question was about overall midfield.
              "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Dream mid

Nani, Joe Cole, Ronaldo, Carrick & Essien.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                  Jangle,

You need to switch Anderson and Carrick. Anderson is not a defensive mid. He is Scholes' replacement.

Based on how you put it

Left Mid = Helb.
                  Creative = Scholes
                  Defensive = Essien
                  Right = Goes without saying.

I was of the impression the inital question was about overall midfield.
                  Yes, the question was about overall midfield. Anderson is so good that I see him playing dual roles in the midfield. Against the Gummers, he totally dominated the midfield. He broke up a number of plays too. I am conflicted with our midfield because Carrick is an absolute gem of a passer. H has amazing vision and can drop the ball on a pinhead 40-yards out.

Comment

Yes, the question was about overall midfield. Anderson is so good that I see him playing dual roles in the midfield. Against the Gummers, he totally dominated the midfield. He broke up a number of plays too. I am conflicted with our midfield because Carrick is an absolute gem of a passer. H has amazing vision and can drop the ball on a pinhead 40-yards out.
                    What some people don't seem to know is that Anderson can turn on the flair factor as good and as effective, if not more that some players some people hyping bout.

My only reason for saying Scholes over Carrick is that Scholes can scores on a regular basis.
                    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                      What some people don't seem to know is that Anderson can turn on the flair factor as good and as effective, if not more that some players some people hyping bout.

My only reason for saying Scholes over Carrick is that Scholes can scores on a regular basis.
                      True, but the beauty of Carrick's play is that he is willing to stay in the middle and spray the passes to our forwards. That's the type of player he is which helps with the chemistry of the team. Scholes is also a great passer too, it's just that I think he needs more match time to work himself back into the team. His weakness is his tackling abilities and his lack of leadership. He is a no-frills blue-collared worker on the field. As one of the longest player for the Empire, I think he should be challenging for the captain's armband over Ferdinand.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
                        There isn't anything Fabregas can do that Flamini can't,if anything it is Flamini with the advantage.It will be Fabregas or Van etc..alongside the consistent Flamini right?

Blessed
                        how many goals has flamini scored for arsenal. how many passes that leads to goals. Come on now

Comment

Originally posted by OJ View Post
                          how many goals has flamini scored for arsenal. how many passes that leads to goals. Come on now
                          ole im pan pint, Biyah!

Comment

Dream mid

Nani, Joe Cole, Ronaldo, Carrick & Essien.
                            mmmm????
                            The balance is excellent!
                            Three very good on the attacking end - with flair always available...and two excellent on the defensive end...with not inconsiderable attacking strengths...and they all can play right across the field...rotate across the field.
                            Very good picks!
                            ...not mine, but I would not have any sleepless nights if I had these 5 at my command on any TEAM I would manage.

Only possible weakness - How hard does Nani work on the defensive side of the game?

Comment

Das why dem call him Maestro!

Oh, is not Hue yuh talking bout?!?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                                mmmm????
                                The balance is excellent!
                                Three very good on the attacking end - with flair always available...and two excellent on the defensive end...with not inconsiderable attacking strengths...and they all can play right across the field...rotate across the field.
                                Very good picks!
                                ...not mine, but I would not have any sleepless nights if I had these 5 at my command on any TEAM I would manage.

Only possible weakness - How hard does Nani work on the defensive side of the game?
                                There is one very important factor that makes the Empire a better team than any in the league; our defense actually starts with our forwards. Fergie has every player playing TEAM ball. I have seen Rooney making tackles in the left-back position. All our players work hard to win back the ball if they lose it. The one who I would say tackles the least is Ronaldo, and that is ok with me as we need his legs to be fresh to run at the defense. I think Fergie once made a comment that he had to tell Rooney to ease up on back tracking and playing to deep. Karl the Empire simply have the best TEAM right now. I remember last year when we let go Ruud nuff man seh Fergie mad, but we went on to win the league, and it was probably only Van der Saar neva score a goal. Look at us this year - still leading with most goals. Ruud was a cancer in the dressing room, and that's not taking away from his abilities. At the Empire there is absolutely, positively no confusion as to who is the boss. No one player is bigger than the team and Fergie nuh fraid fe sell him star balla if him getting too big fe him britches. Wegner ah try follow Fergie's example by selling TH1 but another primadonna take his place.

Comment

Working...
                                X