Which EPL team has the best midfield?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which EPL team has the best midfield?

Yesterday I was talking to a bredrin. He is a Livafool fan and of course I called him up to rub some serious salt into his wounds....No it was not Xcuse. He reads the forum all the time but never post. Anyway, the conversation came around to the team which possesses the best midfield. Of course I came to the conclusion that the Empire without a doubt wins that battle hands down. So I decided to throw the question out to the forum.

Which EPL team has the best midfield? I did a comparision between the Empire and the Baby Gummers, and when you think about it, if Fiberglass gets injured, who do they have to replace him?
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
    Yesterday I was talking to a bredrin. He is a Livafool fan and of course I called him up to rub some serious salt into his wounds....No it was not Xcuse. He reads the forum all the time but never post. Anyway, the conversation came around to the team which possesses the best midfield. Of course I came to the conclusion that the Empire without a doubt wins that battle hands down. So I decided to throw the question out to the forum.

Which EPL team has the best midfield? I did a comparision between the Empire and the Baby Gummers, and when you think about it, if Fiberglass gets injured, who do they have to replace him?
    If not Manu, then who? Carrick, Scholes, Hargreves, Anderson, Giggs, Nani, Ronaldo.

I do think Chelsea have a better midfield than Arsenal. The problem is Avram Grant don't know that.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
      I did a comparision between the Empire and the Baby Gummers, and when you think about it, if Fiberglass gets injured, who do they have to replace him?
      Denilson!

...just the midfield - BoyU has greater depth!
      ...but in five vs five? ...for me Baby GUNNERS!

Our five are - Fabregas, Flamini, Eboue, Rosinky, Hleb...

You can name your BoyU five?

Aside: You will wonder -
      i) why if Denilson is my straight up replacement for Fabregas he is not in my top five?

It is merely a matter of TEAM...best for TEAM on the field X1;

ii) ...and why five and not four as most often the GUNNERS are using - (actually we are best suited to that 4 midfielders as in any case we play total football and for majority of games present a fluid 5 through 6 midfielders, forwards and defenders)?

Five midfielders are the maximum "take the field lay-out" that both BoyU and the GUNNERS present.
      Last edited by Karl; March 6, 2008, 10:14 AM.
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
        If not Manu, then who? Carrick, Scholes, Hargreves, Anderson, Giggs, Nani, Ronaldo.
        Have you ever played that 7 member midfield?

If not how do you look at actual play and make a decision on which midfield has been most successful in actual on-field-play?! ...has been the best?

I do think Chelsea have a better midfield than Arsenal. The problem is Avram Grant don't know that.
        Depth?

...or...

...actual on-the-field performances?
        Last edited by Karl; March 6, 2008, 10:22 AM.
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

JAwge ... ah mean .. Karl ... stop drink and post. Who yuh see preaching 7 man mid?
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

JAwge ... ah mean .. Karl ... stop drink and post. Who yuh see preaching 7 man mid?
            OK!
            Name yuh best midfield den...

...and let's see "mid" vs "mid" as we remember tactical skill, technical skills, possession (or loss thereof), goal scoring numbers, number of wins and losses, efficiency! One word on the how...results of - PERFORMANCE?!

Thank you!
            Christ man give me a chance to say at least ....mmmmm?

Comment

Since yuh obsessed ... Fletcher, Carrick, Anderson, Nani and PArk. Remember dem? The mid that gave unuh 4-0.

Comment

lazie ... lazie...lazie.....are you serious? if you compare the 2 starting midfields on that day ... sure man u had the better midfield but is that he question?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                  lazie ... lazie...lazie.....are you serious? if you compare the 2 starting midfields on that day ... sure man u had the better midfield but is that he question?
                  ... and mi nuh name the big guns yet. Fabregas played, Flamini played.

Comment

ManU, then Chelsea, then Arsenal.

Comment

Since yuh obsessed ... Fletcher, Carrick, Anderson, Nani and PArk. Remember dem? The mid that gave unuh 4-0.

...look again at my midfield and take a look at the midfield that you faced that day! ...but that is not all you have to have the full team!

GUNNERS has 1 loss in the EPL!
                      That's pretty impressive!

The midfield I listed has it performed in any loss in the EPL?
                      What about your midfield?

Comment

... and mi nuh name the big guns yet. Fabregas played, Flamini played.
                        Parttime! ...for BOTH!

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                          Parttime! ...for BOTH!
                          Check the match card .... they PLAYED!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post

...look again at my midfield and take a look at the midfield that you faced that day! ...but that is not all you have to have the full team!

GUNNERS has 1 loss in the EPL!
                            That's pretty impressive!

The midfield I listed has it performed in any loss in the EPL?
                            What about your midfield?
                            My team .. not the midfield lost 4 EPL games and is yet only 1 point behind your team.

Comment

Check the match card .... they PLAYED!!!!
                              Part-time! ...both played at different times - PART-TIME!
                              Yuh ead tuff...or you would prefer not to see?
                              Either - that's bad!
                              Saary fi yuh!

Comment

Working...
                              X