Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boyz face tough Avai in third match on Brazil tour

Boyz face tough Avai in third match on Brazil tour

RIO DE JANEIRO, Brazil - Jamaica's home-based Reggae Boyz will be in action again today at 9:00 pm (7:00 pm Jamaica time) when they take on Avai Futebol Clube at the Ressacada Stadium in a locally televised game in Santa Catarina in the south of Brazil.

Avai are 13-time state champions and one of the biggest clubs in the State of Santa Catarina. They currently play in Second Division of the National League.

http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/articles...262&category=1
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

ahem, our boys are finally learning the game.

The final exam may consist of Flemengo,the Prof's recent club and 1 more d1 team.

Very good Prof.Simoes and thank you very much.

Comment

Jawge mi agree wid yuh. Mi waan see dem play a top side, and see how dem perform when a side put dem under heavy pressure. We may just decide fi use this team fi the world cup qualifiers and nuh call nuh body else.
      Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Dem lose 2-0 to Avai. Kind of embarassing.

Comment

Originally posted by Lionpaw View Post
          Dem lose 2-0 to Avai. Kind of embarassing.
          Before I go with you down that acceptance path...could you break down that Avai team - players & their quality, quality of team, results of matches played, names and quality of each team played and throw in any other pertiment info on this Avai... i.e. give true assessment of that Avai team?

Thank you!
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
            Before I go with you down that acceptance path...could you break down that Avai team - players & their quality, quality of team, results of matches played, names and quality of each team played and throw in any other pertiment info on this Avai... i.e. give true assessment of that Avai team?

Thank you!
            All that does not matter. It is still embarassing to lose to a 2nd division team. Granted, it is a neccessary learning experience for the young boys.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDread View Post
              All that does not matter. It is still embarassing to lose to a 2nd division team. Granted, it is a neccessary learning experience for the young boys.
              OK!
              Like you I take comfort in "the learning"!

Comment

So dem nuh ready fi sit di final exam? Ah tell
                unnuh bout playing Dem St.catherine all stars et al. The prof. is
                introducing us to real football, exposing our weaknesses and all. The Prof. is bringing us slowly up the ranks of Brasilian football (akin to the 36 chambers of Shaolin).

We are learning and the first lesson is that we may not be as good as we think we are. It takles hard work and discipline to get to the top. I'm sure the Prof. will return to Brasil with other talent (seeing that he hasn't toured the island as yet).

Comment

it basically an npl team playing against a professional brasilian 2nd division outfit.....

if the team had fuller, bibi, ricketts et al .... it would truly be embarassing. in this context.....minor matters.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

yes thats ok.

Comment

So after 1 win, 1 draw and 1 loss out of 7 and the nit-picking has started after 1 loss. .

And I thought my exams usually started at the end of each term.

Comment

FC Dallas will be playing Avai on Saturday for the last game of their pre-season tour of Brazil.
                        "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
                        - Xavi

Comment

Working...
                        X