X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is the world's best coach?

Who is the world's best coach?

(FIFA.com) Saturday 1 March 2008

A good coach is a team's most important player," commented the late Rinus Michels. The Dutchman was awarded the FIFA Coach of the Century honour for his achievements during the 1960s, 1970s and 1980s, but it is today's tacticians that FIFA.com is now making the subject of its latest Have Your Say debate.

We would like to know which current coach you consider the best in the world?

Delivering trophies obviously puts coaches in the frame. Therefore, the names of Hassan Shehata, Jorvan Vieira, Dunga and Otto Rehhagel, who respectively inspired Egypt, Iraq, Brazil and Greece to becoming the reigning continental champions, are sure to come in for consideration, along with Italy's 2006 FIFA World Cup Germany™-winner Marcelo Lippi.

Perhaps you feel that the top gaffer works his magic at club level. If so, the likes of Sir Alex Ferguson, Arsene Wenger, Juande Ramos, Luciano Spalletti, Thomas Schaaf, Bernt Schuster, Dominic Kinnear, Enrique Meza, Vanderlei Luxemburgo and Bertrand Marchand may be your pick.

Luiz Felipe Scolari, Guus Hiddink, Jose Mourinho... the list of contenders is endless. Now it's over to you to decide which one has no parallel.

Wherever they're from, whoever they manage, FIFA.com would like to hear who you feel is currently the world's best coach?
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

I would have to select Capello.

Comment

Originally posted by Me View Post
      I would have to select Capello.
      Yuh mad? Avram Grant!!!!

I would say Bernd Shuster. Why? He basically took the same teach Capello had last season and have them playing more attractive football and they're winning. (curses).
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Them man deh nuh reach Capello level yet. Capello have years of being ranked up there. Maybe in a few years he will be also.

Comment

Carl Brown.. yuh figget ?

Comment

Is who that?

Comment

Fi Club man haffi say Ferguson widout a doubt. Internationally bwoy mi love Scholari. Portugal bound fi big tings.

Comment

Ferguson is the best coach because he always get manchester

to perform well above their individual talents available at the time. Most of the adjustments and decisions he makes always work well for the team and more consistent basic than other coaches.

Comment

how can you ask that question. It almost dont deserve an answer. Who play the pretties football outside of the Brazil natl team. But wait.. cho. I am in a dancing mood..

Comment

Originally posted by OJ View Post
                    how can you ask that question. It almost dont deserve an answer. Who play the pretties football outside of the Brazil natl team. But wait.. cho. I am in a dancing mood..
                    Arsenal win a game .. suh unuh have mouth now?
                    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

look at it this way we drop 4 out of the last 6 points and unno still cant past wi.. unno worthless.

Comment

When unuh run up inna 4 ... unuh did silent. All of a sudden unuh can talk again.

Comment

how many times we win the fa cup again.. that the b side quest...

Comment

Working...
                          X