• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was it Sass who pointed out the US has TOP OF THE WORLD

women football programs?

-------------

Warner promises full backing for national women's teams

Saturday, March 01, 2008

PORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad (CMC) - Jack Warner, special advisor to the local football federation, has given the assurance that everything possible will be done to ensure the national women's teams have adequate preparation for FIFA tournaments.

The CONCACAF president and FIFA vice-president was speaking in light of Trinidad & Tobago's Under-17 and senior Olympic teams' preparation for their respective CONCACAF final round qualifying competitions.

"My first priority when I return home is to sit with the management of women's team and finalise some sort of overseas tour and training," Warner said in Jamaica recently.

"I feel we should find some form of camp for them in the US where most of them are based and it is no secret that the USA has some of the best women's teams and programmes.

"All in all I can assure you that we will leave no stone unturned as we seek to qualify our women's team for the major FIFA competitions and by giving them the best way to prepare, will surely make their task easier."

The Under-17 women's team recently advanced to this year's CONCACAF's Under-17 Championship after hosting and finishing first in Group B of the Caribbean qualification at Macoya's Marvin Lee Stadium from February 14-18.

T&T now join Jamaica and Puerto Rico as the Caribbean qualifiers, along with Costa Rica, El Salvador, Canada, Mexico and USA. Three teams will qualify for the inaugural FIFA Under-17 Women's World Cup in New Zealand later this year.

The Olympic squad have also reached the CONCACAF's Women's Olympic Qualification final round where they will compete in Group B with Canada and Costa Rica from April 2 to 12.

In Group A, Jamaica, USA and hosts Mexico will do battle.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

lawd karl... who nuh si dat, blind... it goes without question that the usa has the most advanced women's programs in sports... if if takes jack warner to point that out for you to be accepting, then yuh really have sps...
    'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Originally posted by Baddaz View Post
      lawd karl... who nuh si dat, blind... it goes without question that the usa has the most advanced women's programs in sports... if if takes jack warner to point that out for you to be accepting, then yuh really have sps...
      ...it might taken Jack Warner to point that out to the football people in JA!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Baddaz View Post
        Why do you think the USA has the best women's program in all of sports?!? You didn't even limit it to soccer!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

sorry... actually, i was thinking soccer... however, since you question... i would say the usa has the most advanced sports program for women... i am not speaking about who is better at any specific discipline...

Comment

Dat nuh simple, dem did have a head start before nuff country.

Comment

not sure about that. australia has a very sound program. but, typical of some of us to attach the word "best" to any and everything that america does.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Gwaan fool yuhself..

Greatest Empire in the History of the World.

Comment

Originally posted by Maudib View Post
                  Gwaan fool yuhself..

Greatest Empire in the History of the World.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                    not sure about that. australia has a very sound program. but, typical of some of us to attach the word "best" to any and everything that america does.
                    true dat mosiah... i dont think i fall in that category... by the same token many of us allow our anti-usa bias to downplay their obvious superiority in the many areas where they enjoy an advantage...

Comment

Working...
                    X