• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camp to develop confidence, mental toughness

Saturday, March 01, 2008
    Camp to develop confidence...
    ...mental toughness, says Simoes

RIO DE JANEIRO, Brazil - Technical director of Jamaica's football, Brazilian Rene Simoes, says the fundamental reason for taking a local-based men's senior squad and the senior women's group to a three-week camp here, was to help the players develop confidence and mental toughness.

The Brazilian, on his second stint in charge of the nation's football, reiterated that Jamaica is blessed with a mint of raw material, but cited a deficiency in the self-esteem of players, especially when they come up against more established opposition.

http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/articles...258&category=1
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Originally posted by Karl View Post
    Saturday, March 01, 2008
    Camp to develop confidence...
    ...mental toughness, says Simoes

RIO DE JANEIRO, Brazil -
    The Brazilian, on his second stint in charge of the nation's football, reiterated that Jamaica is blessed with a mint of raw material...

Rah-tid?

Simoes seh, abundance of talent? ...talent abounds? Rah-tid?
    ..bet Lazie now seh, talent abounds...
    ...'specially since a Simoes seh suh
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

I think I am beginning to understand your problem.

I advise some remedial course in English.

Comment

Originally posted by Maudib View Post
        I think I am beginning to understand your problem.

I advise some remedial course in English.
        A guess in your mind - "blessed with a mint of raw material" means "not blessed with a mint of talent"?

Comment

You guess wrong.. not uncommon.

I have a higher regard for the word Talent.

As it pertains to raw material.. well..yuh have all types....

Comment

Originally posted by Maudib View Post
            You guess wrong.. not uncommon.

I have a higher regard for the word Talent.

As it pertains to raw material.. well..yuh have all types....
            Not so good retort!
            hehehehe!!!

Comment

Reality is not neccessarily exciting.

The difference between your stance and Simoes is pretty much the same you would find between a Cheerleader and a Head Coach...

Comment

"Six other dates - March 2, 5, 9, 11, 13 and 16 - have been earmarked for games, but Simoes declined to say who the opposition would be, noting that a flood of requests from local clubs have been coming in and he would only accept those offers that will not cost his touring party.

He claims a number of clubs from various states across the vast South American country has offered to underwrite total expenses of these proposed matches, inclusive of airfare and hotel accommodation, and added that those offers will be favourably considered."

Where is Mr. No Mercy - JB? Does it makes more "financial" sense to you now about having a camp in Brazil? Come talk to me when yuh have more valid points.
                Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

A deh same bredda whey say nuh waste yuh vote on Obama, my opinion is it must and should always be Brazil.

If only we had Lazaroni.
                  THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

fi do what?

Lazaroni ever get us a camp in Brazil?
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

laza ever deal with the woman side?

Simoes a DI BEST.
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Go read my statement again...I stated that it is time we hav

e the brazillian mentally in jamaica without going to Brazil . I also stated that with J.F.F financial situation I thought it would be cheaper to stay in jamaica with the first team of players. I did not know that all of our expenses would be taken care of. Regardless of all that I still believe it is time we build a locally sustainable product at home. We are not going to always have this luxury of having our expenses taken care by other people all the time and what will do then. We have to start believing that we are better than brazil and act that way...We can adapt a little mexican,american ,brazillian and european technique and win the world cup. Lets hope these players learn and applied their experience when they come back to jamaica especially the younger ones who will still be available for 2014 campaign.

Comment

Laza had time to deal with any side, including the senior men's side?

Apples are apples, oranges are oranges.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by No Mercy View Post
                            e the brazillian mentally in jamaica without going to Brazil . I also stated that with J.F.F financial situation I thought it would be cheaper to stay in jamaica with the first team of players. I did not know that all of our expenses would be taken care of. Regardless of all that I still believe it is time we build a locally sustainable product at home. We are not going to always have this luxury of having our expenses taken care by other people all the time and what will do then. We have to start believing that we are better than brazil and act that way...We can adapt a little mexican,american ,brazillian and european technique and win the world cup. Lets hope these players learn and applied their experience when they come back to jamaica especially the younger ones who will still be available for 2014 campaign.
                            Sir, if you want your posts to be taken seriously, you need to put up a disclaimer. Something to the effect: "The following/previous post is a fantasy of mine and not to be taken seriously or out of context." That way we the readers like myself can know right off the bat that we need not post a response. Here I am trying to have a serious debate with you to entertain myself and pass time only to find out that you were only joking. My apologies sir.
                            Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

you figet a two stint Laza had?

The first one him walk away say him can't get the top player them, well guess what him coulda do with Jermaine Hue and them?

Comment

Working...
                              X