Sheffield player ratings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sheffield player ratings

Stead 5/10 - Poor game. He has played on the right side for the last two games, not his best position, and it has not really worked. He tried hard but did not get on the ball, and without any real service offered no real threat.
    Sharp 5/10 - Still not happening for him. Tries hard, covers a lot of ground but rarely touches the ball, let alone has any chances on goal. He is so slow, as numerous lumbering centre backs this season have proved by out chasing him to loose balls. Maybe it is the service, but he looks badly out of his depth. I think Blackwell may persist with him but it will not be long before he is back out of the team.
    Beattie 4/10 - He has been very poor since his return to the side. He looks disinterested, and just limbered through the game barely breaking into a sprint all afternoon. He won a few flick-on headers but that was about it. He may have shook his head when he was taken off but it should have happened a lot earlier. If he does not start applying himself then Blackwell should drop him. I cannot see him being at the club in the summer and his body language at the moment suggests he wants to be back in the Premier League. His recent performances, however, will not have endeared him to any potential suitors.
    Substitutes
    Cotterill - Replaced Sharp and this saw him play down the right with Stead going up front briefly. Cotterill looked fairly lively and we did have quite a few attacks down his side. He at least pressured the full back and got him going backwards. He did make a genuine difference and should be starting the game next week.
    Hulse - Put himself about but still looks badly off the pace. May be used as a substitute until the end of the season and hopefully he will then get a proper pre-season behind him. One thing is for sure, no Premier League clubs will be looking at him.
    Shelton - Looked a threat with his pace alone, and worried the QPR defence even if he had little actual possession. Should have come on much earlier.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.
Working...
X