Karl, Mexx, OJ, Gamma et al .. what was

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karl, Mexx, OJ, Gamma et al .. what was

that display by Gallas after the Birmingham game? Mi really curious.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
    that display by Gallas after the Birmingham game? Mi really curious.
    Passion!
    Love of TEAM...TEAM emotional connection!
    He shall be back in the next game playing with verve and committment!
    ..an outpouring of love for TEAM and showing of committment to win!

Will further inspire TEAM...TEAMmates!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
      Passion!
      Love of TEAM...TEAM emotional connection!
      He shall be back in the next game playing with verve and committment!
      ..an outpouring of love for TEAM and showing of committment to win!

Will further inspire TEAM...TEAMmates!
      If you say suh! To me he was acting like a likkle b!tch. Sweet me. Why is he the captain anyway? Kolo Toure has been there longer .. oh .. he isn't French.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Gallas shows the Gunners are feeling it

http://www.footballingworld.com/2008...re-feeling-it/

And the pressure certainly appeared to have gotten to William Gallas, yesterday. As McFadden prepared to take a 94th minute penalty against his side at St Andrews yesterday, was the Arsenal captain poised on the edge of the penalty area, ready to pounce on any rebound? Was he verbally planting seeds of doubt in the mind of the taker or consoling the visibly rattled Gael Clichy, whose inexplicable misjudgement of a loose ball led to him conceding the penalty? No.

Gallas instead chose to stand alone in the Birmingham half, some sixty yards away from the action, wearing the expression of a child who had been denied a second helping of ice cream. And when McFadden dispatched the penalty powerfully past Manuel Almunia into the Arsenal net, did their skipper attempt to rally his troops? Did he grab the ball from the net and prepare for the restart? No. Gallas instead chose to petulantly kick the advertising boards in frustration, having to be restrained by the fourth official in the process, before spending the next minute berating someone- Clichy? The referee? Wenger? - in an unbelievable show of immaturity.

Indeed, when the final whistle blew almost immediately after the restart, Gallas opted to spend several minutes slumped dejected on the St Andrews turf, before being ushered off the field by his manager. No claps for the away fans who had been particularly vocal in their support, no show of strength in adversity from the captain, no encouragement for his team-mates, who had been forced to witness one of the most horrific injuries ever witnessed in the Premier League, just sulking and self-pity from a man who really should know better.

What must Sir Alex Ferguson and his side have made of Gallas’ antics? I know what I thought. I thought it smacked of someone who was cracking under pressure, and who believed that yesterday’s dropped points would come back to haunt his side come the end of the season. It is hard to imagine Wayne Rooney, or Paul Scholes, or Rio Ferdinand, slumped on the turf at St James’ Park had yesterdays roles been reversed.

Gallas is the most experienced (regular) outfield player in the Arsenal side, and the only player (Clichy, who played a bit part role in the 2004 title winning side, aside) with a Premier League winners’ medal. He really should be setting an example to his younger team-mates who haven’t experienced a genuine title race yet- the likes of Walcott, Bendtner, Fabregas & Flamini- yet who showed far less sign of feeling the pressure yesterday. Wenger said after the game that Gallas’ actions showed that he was a winner. He was wrong. They showed that he is a bad loser (or draw-er?).

On the positive side, they still created chances almost at will (perhaps to be expected against a ten man side battling relegation), and had Adebayor been his best and Maik Taylor not, the game would have been long over by the time Clichy’s mind went AWOL, Theo Walcott finally added an end product from the wing as he picked up his first (and second) Premier League goals, and with Eduardo & Van Persie absent, he might well have a crucial part to play between now and the end of the season. And it appears to have been lost in the furore of the weekend that Arsenal ARE still top of the Premier League, despite yesterday’s result.

And that it only took a highly debatable last gasp penalty decision to stop them from maintaining a five point lead. Clichy’s challenge on Stuart Parnaby was a desperate one, as the Frenchman looked to make up for his failure to deal with a loose ball in the box, but replays suggest he played the ball. On another day they would have got away with it, and perhaps their odds would have shortened as the number of games remaining did. As it is, they didn’t. And it will be interesting to see whether Gallas can get all his toys back in his pram in time to lead his side to the title.

Comment

If you say suh! To me he was acting like a likkle b!tch. Sweet me. Why is he the captain anyway? Kolo Toure has been there longer .. oh .. he isn't French.
          We do not have adequate replacement players and you are still bitching your hate?

Slowly getting used to the idea of being displaced as EPL Champs?!

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

We do not have adequate replacement players and you are still bitching your hate?

Slowly getting used to the idea of being displaced as EPL Champs?!

My hate? Have you ever seen me express hatred for Arsenal? You talk somethings sometimes I really have to wonder what you're drinking. When Wenger made him the captain, I did criticize the move that its because Gallas is French. But seeing that a you name KArl ....

Where you see Manu being displaced as EPL champs? I may be blind ... but I don't see that.

Comment

I know it is hard to see your team behind...and it takes some getting used to...but trust me having been there before...
              you shall get used to it!

Comment

I know it is hard to see your team behind...and it takes some getting used to...but trust me having been there before...
                you shall get used to it!
                Get used to what? Its a matter of time ... the Empire will be winning the EPL title.

Comment

Get used to what? Its a matter of time ... the Empire will be winning the EPL title.
                  I know...first denial...then depression...then anger...then acceptance! You are still in the denial!
                  Hush!

Comment

I know...first denial...then depression...then anger...then acceptance! You are still in the denial!
                    Hush!
                    .. anyway ... I asked about the behaviour of Gallas this weekend. Do you think thats the right attitude of a captain?

Comment

.. anyway ... I asked about the behaviour of Gallas this weekend. Do you think thats the right attitude of a captain?
                      Nothing wrong with the behaviour. It is how he deals with/interact with the rest of the TEAM...how he uses his behaviour for the good of TEAM that will determine worth of his action(s).

A Captain's job is to get the best for and out of the TEAM. The Captain's job is to bring TEAM to performing at greatest potential on and off the field. It is simple in outlay - Get TEAM to perform at optimum ability, but it is not a simple task. I am sure each of us can think of many different ways, inclusive of 'leading by example' in on-the-field performances and personal exhortation to each individual member of the TEAM and also to the collective TEAM unit to consistently produce TOP performances.

Do you not think that his show of emotion conveys a message to Clichy and other members of the TEAM to not let down guard in matches? Do not by inattention to even small details hurt each TEAMmate and the TEAM? Keep the prize always in mind? ...etc., etc?

Perhaps a simple - "I reacted to the penalty and it being scored instinctively...but it was an honest expression of the pain I felt. Gentlemen we have to not make such mistakes. Let's go out and got on and win this trophy"!...

...may be one possible part...one possible way of re-focusing TEAMmates and TEAM?

Comment

Some captain! He gave up before the penalty was taken. As mi say ... a you name KArl.

Comment

Some captain! He gave up before the penalty was taken. As mi say ... a you name KArl.
                          Gave up?!
                          I suppose an adversary would look at it that way?

Comment

Gave up?!
                            I suppose an adversary would look at it that way?
                            Where was Gallas when the penalty was about to be taken?

Comment

Where was Gallas when the penalty was about to be taken?
                              Up field!

Comment

Working...
                              X