RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

France lose again? Good! Where is Giuly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• France lose again? Good! Where is Giuly?

<P class=big>Barcelona star Ludovic Giuly admits he has been left mystified by France's decision to recall Nicolas Anelka ahead of him.

The 30-year-old attacker helped the Camp Nou side prove themselves the best team in Europe last term with the domestic and UEFA Champions League title, but has not been called up for a year.

He last scored for Barca in the 3-0 Liga win at Racing Santander on September 17.

But with injuries to winger Sidney Govou and striker Louis Saha, he has been left worried by Raymond Domenech's decision to opt for the Bolton Wanderers man in his place.

"I don't know why, I can't come up with any answers," Giuly told RMC.

"I hear that Govou is not able to play and then he recalls Nico and that is not logical!

"Now I am sure there is a problem. It is sad."

Twenty seven-year-old Anelka has played for Les Bleus just three times inthe last four years and was not selected for the World Cup this summer.

But he has welcomed the opportunity and insistedadded maturity had made a massive difference to his game.

"I won't say I feel surprised, even though I have had no contact with the technical staff since my arrival at Bolton," he told L'Equipe.

"If I have to play I will do my best to help Les Bleus.

"Over the years I have become tired fighting against everyone.

"I tell you my view has changed: now I just want to have fun on the pitch."

While the former Arsenal front man has been delighted by the international developments he has also insisted the domestic move had helped.

"I clearly appreciate the recall to the national team, but the most important thing to me was to come back to a league I love," he added.

"We are third in The Premiership with Bolton, but it is difficult to know exactly what our ambitions could be. There are still a lot of matches to play.

"I signed at Bolton to have fun and am not at my best yet but I am not far away from finding all of my abilities again."

Coverage of France's hotly anticipated showdown with table-toppers Scotland kicks off live from 5pm on Sky Sports 1.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

RE: France lose again? Good! Where is Giuly?

What you meant to say was...."Scotland win AGAIN!!"

Top ofthe toughest group with full points, it seemstoo good to be true. Ukraine up next on Wednesday.

Get your kilts out....

Scoooooooootland, Scoooooooootland...

Comment

Congrats Lulu! Good win, although I have not seen the game.
      "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

My apologies Lulu! Congrats!
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Dat's an unlucky defeat. No crime in dat.

Comment

Working...
          X