Invitees for Brazil Camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invitees for Brazil Camp

Replacements have also been named for the Harbour View players who will be away preparing for their match with DC United.

Goalkeepers
    Duwayne Kerr, Portmore United
    Dwayne Miller, Harbour View
    Allien Whittaker, Jamaica Defense Force
    Maurice Evans, Waterhouse (replacement for Miller)

Defenders
    Orane Simpson, Tivoli Gardens
    Obrien Woodbine, Reno
    Christopher Harvey, Harbour View
    Adrian Reid, Portmore United
    Andre Darby, Naggo Head
    Marco McDonald, Waterhouse
    Christopher Jackson, Tivoli Gardens
    Lance Laing, Harbour View
    Desmond Breakenbridge, Waterhouse (replacement for Harvey)
    Irvino English, Waterhouse (replacement for Laing)

Midfielders
    Rudolph Austin, Portmore United
    Keniel Moodie, Seba
    Nicholy Finlayson, Reno
    Hugh Howell, Waterhouse
    Damion N. Williams, Portmore United
    Ricardo Cousins, Portmore United
    Eric Vernan, Portmore United
    Wolry Wolfe, Portmore United
    Damian R. Williams, Waterhouse

Strikers
    Navian Boyd, Tivoli Gardens
    Keamar Daley, Meadhaven
    Newton Sterling, Waterhouse
    Kavin Bryan, Harbour View
    James Thomas, Portmore United (replacement for Bryan)

BLACK LIVES MATTER

thanks. Mo has lovell fallen off?

Comment

Women Squad
      Women: Nikkeshi Thomas (Barbi-can), Peatria Campbell (Portmore Strikers), Nicoda Linton (Waterhouse), Marcilee McBean (Waterhouse), Monique Pryce (Marveley/ wHughenden), Stacy-Ann Johnson (Harbour View), Latoya Panton (Barbican), Janice Rennals (Barbican), Christina Chang (overseas-based), Alecia James (Barbican), Jodi-Ann McGregor (Barbican), Christina Murray (Waterhouse), Nicola Bell (Harbour View), Rochelle Bryan (Portmore Strikers), Iesha Mowatt (Portmore Strikers), Tanesia Vassell (Harbour View), Tashana Vincent (Portmore Strikers), Venecia Reid (Portmore Strikers), Kenesha Reid (Barbican).

Comment

What do I know, OJ? I see some names on this list that laughable. And this has nothing to do with Maestro. These days, I am more surprised when he makes such a list than when he doesn't.

I'm not going to name names, but they are people on this list who should not be there for more than one reason. I think I'll just accept the fact that I have no idea what constitutes football quality and the required discipline one needs to bring to the table.

I give up.

Oh, to be specific about Lovel - Lovel displays sound technique all the time. His play is a bit negative when he plays midfield, rarely advancing and initiating attacking moves, but he doesn't lose the ball easily and completes his passes. I think he is better at the right back position. Just bear in mind, however, this assessment is coming from somebody who might not have a clue about the beautiful game.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Simoes seems to have picked all young players for the positions where we have a lot of overseas based players. On the other hand, the defense he seems to have picked a mix. He knows a couple local players may be needed.

I am not a big Irvino English fan, but Simoes, Carl Brown, Cargill and the rest have always thought highly of him. Marco McDonald and Orane Simpson also seem a bit questionable. Add to that James Thomas.

Not surprised by any of the other selections. Even if this round of qualifiers does not go well at least many young players have gotten exposure they would not have received otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Me View Post
            Simoes seems to have picked all young players for the positions where we have a lot of overseas based players. On the other hand, the defense he seems to have picked a mix. He knows a couple local players may be needed.

I am not a big Irvino English fan, but Simoes, Carl Brown, Cargill and the rest have always thought highly of him. Marco McDonald and Orane Simpson also seem a bit questionable. Add to that James Thomas.

Not surprised by any of the other selections. Even if this round of qualifiers does not go well at least many young players have gotten exposure they would not have received otherwise.
            James Thomas was one of the best Schoolboy players this year and he has been lighting up the U-21 league.

Comment

I guess Simoes nuh know wha' 'im ah duh.

I remember back in 1994 when Simoes first came to Jamaica, I was in Dallas, Texas and met a fellow Jamaican there. He was apprising me on the football scene back home as I was a bit out of touch then. He went on to tell me how we had acquired this Brazilian coach, but if you ask most of the football minds back home, " 'im nuh know wha' 'im ah duh".

We know what Simoes accomplished leading up to the 1998 World Cup, even when he had no clue what he was doing. I say we should give the man a chance and let him do his thing.
              Last edited by Tilla; February 23, 2008, 01:21 PM.
              "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

I remember when him give Bibi the left back over a fit again Messam even I was upset because Messam had played well up to then and was the crowd favorite and see?

Simoes stated that "you can't teach old dogs new trick", He is saying 2010 and beyond so I will give him the benefit of the doubt.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Lionpaw View Post
                  James Thomas was one of the best Schoolboy players this year and he has been lighting up the U-21 league.
                  True, but I could see how other players may think they deserve to be there ahead of "a little yute"

Comment

Originally posted by Me View Post
                    True, but I could see how other players may think they deserve to be there ahead of "a little yute"
                    They would be self-minded. This youth got a one start(test run) on the senior PMU side in the NPL and was the best player on the field for the first half. Smart baller and yuh done know say a youth a run it now. The Brazil experience will only make him better.

Comment

Working...
                    X