X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overweight Spurs

Spurs team 'to lose' more weight

Alvarez soon realised the Tottenham squad was too heavy

The Tottenham squad are still trying to lose weight after they were found to be 100kg too heavy when Juande Ramos took over as manager in October.
    Spurs fitness coach Marcos Alvarez told Spanish radio station Cadena SER: "Taking into account the players' size, the team was basically 100kg over.
    "We realised straight away that the team was carrying excess baggage.
    "They have now lost between 40 and 50kg. Getting the rest off is the most difficult part."
    606: DEBATE
    Have you noticed that the Tottenham players have lost weight?

When Ramos joined Tottenham in October the club were in the relegation zone but have moved up to 11th in the Premier League.
    They are also pursuing silverware on two fronts.
    They play Slavia Prague in the Uefa Cup on Thursday and have also reached the Carling Cup final where they play Chelsea on 24 February.
    Alvarez, who moved to England as part of Ramos's backroom staff, added that he instigated a fitness programme immediately upon his arrival at the club.
    "I immediately talked to Tottenham and we set the wheels in motion to change things," he added. "We have turned a lot of fat into muscle."
    Ramos has won the Uefa Cup for the last two seasons, both victories coming with former club Sevilla.
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Originally posted by Hortical View Post
    Spurs team 'to lose' more weight

Alvarez soon realised the Tottenham squad was too heavy

The Tottenham squad are still trying to lose weight after they were found to be 100kg too heavy when Juande Ramos took over as manager in October. Spurs fitness coach Marcos Alvarez told Spanish radio station Cadena SER: "Taking into account the players' size, the team was basically 100kg over.
    "We realised straight away that the team was carrying excess baggage.
    "They have now lost between 40 and 50kg. Getting the rest off is the most difficult part."
    606: DEBATE
    Have you noticed that the Tottenham players have lost weight?

When Ramos joined Tottenham in October the club were in the relegation zone but have moved up to 11th in the Premier League.
    They are also pursuing silverware on two fronts.
    They play Slavia Prague in the Uefa Cup on Thursday and have also reached the Carling Cup final where they play Chelsea on 24 February.
    Alvarez, who moved to England as part of Ramos's backroom staff, added that he instigated a fitness programme immediately upon his arrival at the club.
    "I immediately talked to Tottenham and we set the wheels in motion to change things," he added. "We have turned a lot of fat into muscle."
    Ramos has won the Uefa Cup for the last two seasons, both victories coming with former club Sevilla.
    Huddlestone for sure and maybe Zakora but the rest of them look fine to me.

Comment

scaly....yuh nuh qualify fi judge overweight just because yuh foot dem maaga!!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

whoaa Gamma da one mek me laff

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
        scaly....yuh nuh qualify fi judge overweight just because yuh foot dem maaga!!!!
        a classic
        http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...w-kit-0708.gif the wisdom and courage of my mind and the strength and vigour of my body", to enable them to enjoy a better life. I ask God's blessings on our nation. I ask for His guidance on the government that I will lead as we face the challenges of the future. I know that we can't even walk without Him holding our hands. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...aa20b58a33.gif

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post

Comment

Working...
          X