X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• £50,000/week offer for Wes Brown

Ferguson fury at agent over Brown

Brown has had a long run in the first team this season

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has hit out at football agents after getting no closer to agreeing a contract extension with Wes Brown.
    The 28-year-old defender's current deal runs out in the summer, meaning he is free to speak to other clubs.
    And Brown's agent Paul Martin is understood to have advised him to hold out for more than £50,000 per week.
    "Players of today live in their agents' pockets - it's a situation which really depresses me," said Ferguson.
    Their agents live their lives for them

Sir Alex Ferguson

Brown has made 33 appearances for Manchester United this season, largely because of a persistent injury to club captain Gary Neville.

"It's in his hands. It's not in our hands," said Ferguson.
    "We have given him his offer. It's amazing really, given that he has had such a good season and has had such a good run of games while Gary has been injured.
    606: DEBATE
    Is Ferguson right to hit out at football agents?
    "We wouldn't have made the offer if we hadn't had faith in him. Wes knows this and the other players have told him."

Ferguson added: "Wes has been with us since he was 12 but I don't think that matters these days. Their agents live their lives for them and if you are happy to go along with that then you get the situation that you have got just now."
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Agents can go too far and end up hurting the player and self! cannot remember Sir Alex once he goes public ever backing down?

Lazie if you know of times he has wise me up?
    BoyU nuh your team - such yuh a di hex-pert!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

and man like Rio, Ronaldo & Rooney deh pon 100,000 plus.....da man fackin' right !!!!
      It would be good to be there when da gates of Zion are closed ......... Chalice

Comment

Wes has spent his entire career at the Empire. He is capable of playing right back and Central Defense ... he does deserve more than that. The Empire need to come with a better deal. I think at the end of the season good sense will prevail.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Lambsbread View Post
          and man like Rio, Ronaldo & Rooney deh pon 100,000 plus.....da man fackin' right !!!!
          Well he is no Rio, Ronaldo, Rooney or Vidic...and not as valuable as Trevez, or "Ginger"...or...have the potential to step higher up in class as say an Anderson, Evra or Nani...
          ...so if he wants to step...then...he can for I am sure a lower fee from any other EPL outfit.
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

I doubt Manu will be able to keep him as teams such Newcastle will pay anything for a mediocre defender who can stop anybody.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
            X