RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paul Marin Rafa goes to be replaced by whom ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Marin Rafa goes to be replaced by whom ?

I dont see it , not many quality managers are wiling to operate on Liverpools shoe string budget.

Mourinho defenitely cannot handle it, so whom ? If the idiots do react and sack Benitez , I expect Mid table form immediately setting us back 10 years , Rafa is closer than we believe to the prem , I see it .

After we win the C.L another injection of cash , a striker and a centre back next season , it will be ours.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

I think some expectations of Liverpool are unrealistic , who in this world can win the prem on a shoe string budget?

What have Arsenal won in 3 years ?

Sack Rafa to get whom ? to achieve what ? on what budget ?

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Why should Benitez be expected to compete

Liverpool by raclezer 18 February 2008

with Man utd and Chelsea, the two teams that have dominated British football since Rafa arrived at Liverpool? There is absolutely no reason why he should be expected to compete with these sides, other than from Reds' fans and the Media's over-expectations, which are rooted in Liverpool's extraordinary European success under Rafa. Do not forget that since Rafa first arrived, Liverpool have been considerably more successful than Arsenal - they have finished above them for the last two seasons in the league (by 15 points in 2006), have won the Champions League and the FA cup, and been losing finalists in the Champions League and the Carling cup. This is an extraordinary overachievement for a manager who has been at Liverpool for 3 1/2 years.
      But the real question is, when Man Utd have 8 players who cost more than £12m, and Chelsea have 10, why should Liverpool, who have 2 (Torres, Babel)be expected to compete over a full season? Why?
      There is no reason, other than that Rafa's overachievement has raised the bar so high, people think we're now on a par with these teams. Well, over 38 games, we're clearly not. And people think Rafa should be sacked because of this? It's an absolute joke.

comment on this article | alert a moderator | send to a friend

Latest 10 comments

view all 803 comments

Read members' comments or add your own
      comment by Straeh
      posted 11 Hours Ago
      Rafa could be paranoid with Crocuh growing up a Chelsea fan, and his old man being a season ticket holder.

rafa did ask pako to leave because of his paranoia over his close freindhsip with Mourinho...

Rafa's not paranoid it's just everubody elses fault
      add comment | complain about this comment

comment by raclezer
      posted 10 Hours Ago
      Why are people so adamant Crouch should start? I don't see it myself. He is actually far more effective when he comes on off the bench. When he's started recently - against Barnsley and Chelsea for instance - he's been poor. 4-2-3-1 is our best formation in my opinion, with Benayoun, Gerrard and Babel behind Torres.

comment by cosmick_na01
      posted 10 Hours Ago
      Consistency is the problem. Either the team can in a season; defend and not score, score and not defend another, be poor away one season and then poor at home another.
      Consistency needs a core group of players playing regularly. The fact Rafa is now playing Gerrard, Masch, Torres, Carragher & Reina constantly is showing that he is slowly coming round to the fact that rotation is not working. I hope he gets over his stubborn pride before it is too late.

comment by StamfordHeaven
      posted 10 Hours Ago
      Fidel Castro has stood down
      Liverpool
      by Damion34 20 February 2008

they are now looking for someone who can speak Spanish and blame Americans for everything.

Any ideas ?
      =========================

Class posting from one of your crowd.

comment by chimingpompey
      posted 10 Hours Ago
      Liverpool have a good squad of players but it is by no means capable of challenging at the very top. Despite continual qripes from the media about rotation, not just now but also whilst Houllier was in charge, nothing seems to change.
      If Liverpool continue to do well in the Champions League it will only flatter to deceive and the club will continue to think they are going in the right direction. Spending £40m every Summer is not going to deliver the Premier league title they need to spend time and build a team around a regular squad of players.
      Perhaps losing badly in Milan and having nothing to play for for the rest of the season will be the kick they need to realise the clubs failings.

comment by Jeokofi
      posted 10 Hours Ago
      My comments is entirely different and I wish these comments have a bearing on what goes on at the club,that is there is somebody who goes through them all and take them on board. Benitez should allow himself to have another top class coach in addition to all those he has.
      Phil Thompson did a wonderful job under the spell of Gerard Houlier and will do a good job.
      Benitez should understand by now that he is no longer at Valencia where he won the League by resting good players until the second part of the league. I never understood him when he said he rotated to keep the players fresh for the second half of the league.
      Look at the position now,after having kept them fresh from August to December, Liverpool are adrift at the top by 19 points so if you don't have enough points what was the purpose of not fielding your strongest side all the time? Logic is missing from his vocabulary and he will do well to understand that to win the premiership,you need to field your best eleven week in week out.
      I don't have any sympathy for him at all because these are human beings who need to be treated as such. He should learn to appreciate his players openly.

comment by carlos23golf
      posted 10 Hours Ago
      dead right 4-2-3-1 would be an excellent formation, with the two being alonso and mascherano, did you get that from my post yesterday? i know alonso has been injured but we need to play him in every game possible, or he will leave in the summer, i thiunk he is vital for liverpools success in the not to distant future...

comment by lostinstates
      posted 9 Hours Ago
      Benitez redeemed??? They played an hour against 10, and were impotent untill Inter tired with both central defenders off the park. Benitez got lucky and Liverpool got unlucky...this result, as it is being portrayed, will leave Rafa more time to miss out on 4th and lose later in Europe anyway.

comment by raclezer
      posted 9 Hours Ago
      We comprehensively outplayed Europe's form team for 90 minutes. Luck didn't come into it. I'd rather have a penalty than an extra man any day of the week.

comment by LiverBirdMate
      posted 6 Hours Ago
      "They played an hour against 10, and were impotent untill Inter tired with both central defenders off the park. Benitez got lucky and Liverpool got unlucky...this result, as it is being portrayed, will leave Rafa more time to miss out on 4th and lose later in Europe anyway."

Barca played against 10 man Arsenal in 2006 and they are not considered fortunate. As for losing later on, funny how you talk. We were expected to lose to Barca and Juventus, to name two, in 2005 and last season and we still made it. All this talk about Liverpool losing just stems from hatred or spite, no one is anticipating or mentioning the possibility of Man Utd or Arsenal or Chelsea losing, who have failed to reach the finals other than 1999 and 2006 since the Premiership began. Do you actually do any analysing or simply jump at the bits whenever anyone else say the same thing?

Comment

But the real question is, when Man Utd have 8 players who cost more than £12m, and Chelsea have 10, why should Liverpool, who have 2 (Torres, Babel)be expected to compete over a full season? Why?

Comment

Proof to me that Rafa is a GENIUS ! He wins the C.L on a midtable budget not many can do that , if sacked liverpool looses .I really cannot see it happening.

As wegner is to Arsenal so will Rafa be to liverpool, I believe he was born to coach liverpool for life.

Comment

Let me help you out, because you talking to yourself like Karl and Pepsi now. Rafa has got to go X, plain and simple. Coaches fade away to make room for other coaches. Rafa's time has come. Let it go. . .
            "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

coming from a chel$ki man i can understand whipping your side with that mid table budget will be a thing of the past

Comment

X, cockroach doan haf business inna foul fight, the real question for me is not if Pool can compete with Man U, but if the can with teams that are strapped for cash more than they.., the same way it is an advantage for Man U, it should be for Pool(how dah one deh go again, same knife whey stab pig, a it stab goat)

Blessed

Comment

Havent we answered that question by being a force in the C.L ? The question is will it can it be enough for a league race ala the prem ? where consistency is the order of the day ?

NO

We can or will be a force in knockout competitions under Rafa guidance.

To compete in the prem means to write off all knockout competions including the C.L which is the Big 4 cash cow.Not going to happen anytime soon.

Boss we inna deh fowl fight , a we the sh&t and foot dem a drap pan, 18 years and counting.

Comment

Working...
                  X