• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamaica should seek Goal Keeping help from the US

dun talk
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Where you think Paul Campbell learned his craft?
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

where?
      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

The US does have an abundance of good goal keepers. I don't know why but they have them coming out the ying yang from the youth to the pros.

Comment

Paul Campbell our former goal keeper coach was a top coach in the NY/NJ areas for years before becoming Jamaica national goalkeeper coach.

He had a wealth of knowledge and maybe responsible for the improvement in many of our goal keepers over the last 7 years.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Matter View Post
            The US does have an abundance of good goal keepers. I don't know why but they have them coming out the ying yang from the youth to the pros.
            I think it's because most of the sports American kids grow up playing are heavy on hand-eye coordination, which is an important skill for goalkeepers.

Comment

Yow Matter, how about this explanation? In countries where ballers have skills such as Brazil and Jamaica, everyone wants to play out on the field and nobody wants to be goalkeepers. However, in the USA the players are not blessed with abundant skills and so they are relegated to stay in the goal and watch the immigrants do their thing.

Comment

Working...
              X