Jamaican-Canadian signs with Gillingham FC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamaican-Canadian signs with Gillingham FC

Canadian striker Simeon Jackson moved from English non-league side Rushden & Diamonds to Gillingham FC on Thursday, the final day of the January transfer window.
    The Jamaican-born Jackson signed a three-and-a-half year deal with the League One side. Financial details were not released.
    "I am absolutely delighted to have got Simeon here," Gillingham manager Mark Stimson said on the team's Web site. "He is a player that has scored goals this season, and for the past few seasons, and I am confident that he will do the business for us. He is a player that will add pace to the side and is a constant threat in front of goal, which is something we are in need of at the moment."
    Jackson has 18 goals for Rushden & Diamonds this season, including two in this Match-Of-The-Day worthy performance against Macclesfield Town in the first round of the FA Cup in December. The clip also includes Jackson's trademark celebration — his rendition of the Crank Dat dance.
    The 20-year-old Jackson played for Canada at the Under-20 World Cup last summer.

"It is a great opportunity for me to make the step up to League One and show what I can do, so I want to take this chance with both hands," Jackson told the Gillingham FC Web site.

(Photo: Simeon Jackson of Canada, right, and Dagoberto Currimilla of Chile battle for the ball during first half FIFA Under-20 World Cup Soccer action in Toronto, Ontario Thursday July 1, 2007. Photo: Bren
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi
Working...
X