Little Matter's Firebirds Promoted to U11 D4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little Matter's Firebirds Promoted to U11 D4

Massive, I'm writing to give you a quick update about the Bowie, MD Firebirds my son's U11 team that I coach. I learned last week that our team, despite finishing 6th last season in the National Capitol Soccer League 5th Division, have been promoted to play in the 4th Division. The league must have decided that the 4 close losses that we had could have easily been wins and so they want to see what we can do going up a notch.

We will be looking to improve this spring and I'm in position to add a couple good new players to the team. One parent agreed to let her son join us and another 2 are still deciding. This is a huge turn around for me as last season when I took over head coaching, our two best players left the team and I struggled up till about the week before the season started to find players. Now, I'm getting some talent to work with and I can't wait to see them.

I'm planning to start outdoor practices March 2nd and the parents seem enthusiastic. If I can get these boys in shape, I believe we'll do well. Right now we're finishing up the last 2 weeks of futsal and the boys are getting better week by week.

Glad fi si yuh deh yah, boss!
    CONGRATS to Little Matter!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
    X