• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are our own saviour - René writes from Brazil

We are our own saviour - René writes from Brazil

Technical director René Simoes - ricardo makyn

Dear Jamaicans.
    I am writing this on Sunday, February 17, 2008. I am in Brazil. The day is beautiful, the sun is very hot, almost 35 degrees Celsius. I just finished watching the documentary recorded by the biggest Brazilian television channel during the Costa Rica game on February 6. The love and interest Brazil has for Jamaica, reggae and Jamaicans is tremendous and that makes me so happy. They like the country that I love. The mix of football and reggae makes Jamaica one of the top countries to catch the interest of Brazilians.
    But as I watched the interview that Jamaicans gave to the journalist, my worries became bigger than immediately after my arrival in Jamaica last month. Persons interviewed praised Captain Burrell and me far too much.
    Since my arrival in Jamaica, I have showed my worries about the comments that Captain Burrell and I are the saviours and that our presence and work guarantee that Jamaica will reach South Africa 2010. That is not true.
    Bigger worry
    Last week this worry became bigger as I heard a Jamaican say that we are the solution to all of the country's problems. That is definitely not true again.
    What are the Reggae Boyz' s responsibilities and goals? How can the Reggae Boyz help the country?
    The truth of the matter is that the Reggae Boyz are a tool which can show to all Jamaicans how hard work, discipline, commitment, dreams and suffering without losing hope can take Jamaicans as individuals and the country to success.
    Our goals are to become role models to the majority of youngsters and workers and ease the tension between all different areas in the country in order to facilitate the responsible sectors,government and non-governmental organisations to best exercise their functions of creating jobs, providing health care, education, transport and everything that citizens need to live with dignity.
    We don't have the audacity to pretend that we are the solution to Jamaica's problems, but we want to facilitate a fresh start for a new way for Jamaicans to think and live. We, the Reggae Boyz, are sure that it is possible to be better, much better as a people and as a country.
    Let us to do that together .
    Together we are stronger.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

JAwge, it appears the Prof been reading yuh posts, but as Soul 2 Soul said, "Back to Life ... Back to Reality!"
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

I don't know hwat you are saying but
      I will start to collect all of Prof.Simoes's letters (just in case unnuh stray from the path again

Comment

To be truthful Prof. Mi deh yah
        ah try. Nat even likkle nize wi can get together fi organzie. I won't give up, I'm preaching to them.

Comment

Dem caan call an early General Election mek we vote een dis ya man? We nuh can do up a quick ting and gi him a Jamaican nationality.

Mo, yuh eat lunch yet.....?
          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
            Mo, yuh eat lunch yet.....?
            Mo is still on his two hour lunch break. Yuh nuh know sey a Jamaica him work.
            Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Hortical View Post
              Mo is still on his two hour lunch break. Yuh nuh know sey a Jamaica him work.

yuh mean his "siesta"?
              Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Lawks! A man cyaan eat him lunch in peace?! Dag!

What unnu want now?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

What the backside him deh a brazil in them critical time

yah. He should have been at the waterhouse /harbour view final. Maybe he is preparing some brazil training sessions.

Comment

We still have 15 minutes left of the final tomorrow. Maybe he can come back for that!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                    X