RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lazie: mi seh nuh mek di 4-0 fool unnuh! Duh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lazie: mi seh nuh mek di 4-0 fool unnuh! Duh?

Cup win lifts United's league hopes

(AFP) Sunday 17 February 2008

(AFP)

Sir Alex Ferguson believes Manchester United's emphatic 4-0 FA Cup victory over Arsenal could have a major impact on the Premier League title race. The Red Devils' win took them into the quarter-finals of the competition, and their manager is convinced the fall-out from the clash will be felt when the Gunners return to Old Trafford for a league meeting on 12 April.

Two goals from Darren Fletcher and efforts from Wayne Rooney and Nani completed a one-sided success that came just five days after Arsenal extended their lead at the top of the table over reigning champions United to five points. "It was a really fantastic performance," said Ferguson.

"We played with great verve and tenacity. The passing was terrific and I think everybody should be pleased with themselves. I hope it has an impact on the title race, I really do. It shows that when Arsenal come here in April they are going to have a game.

"April is two months away and you don't know what position the two clubs will be in but it's certainly whetted our appetite for the future games. There are not many teams who will beat Arsenal 4-0 so we have to take that perspective also," the Scot added.

Priorities
    Both Ferguson and Arsene Wenger opted not to risk key players before this week's UEFA Champions League fixtures. And Arsenal manager Wenger, having prioritised Wednesday's clash at home to AC Milan, dismissed suggestions this heavy defeat would affect anything other than his side's foiled ambitions in the FA Cup.

"I think people will see us in a different shape when we come back in the league in April," the Frenchman insisted. "The targets in front of us are very clear: it is the championship and the Champions League, but we are not in a position where we have to make a choice because it keeps our fixtures balanced.

"We need to pick ourselves up quickly because we have a massive game against AC Milan. It was difficult to have a go at the players because we had no physical resources to come back into the game and we need to recover quickly because we will need to be at our beat to beat Milan.

"Nobody on the bench was fully fit. I am not sure if Gael Clichy will play against Milan but Emmanuel Adebayor and Mathieu Flamini should be okay. I am very confident we can pick ourselves up. When we lose in the cup it's unbelievable, we seem to get a hiding. We don't concede many goals but when we do, we do it well."

Ferguson will also make changes for United's visit to Lyon on Wednesday, with Cristiano Ronaldo expected to recover a stomach upset and Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes set to be recalled after being rested.

FIFA.com
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

... and where you get the impression it is fooling anybody? If you want to use that to console yuhself ... so be it.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Working...
    X