How di hell did SEBA get chosen to play for Barnes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How di hell did SEBA get chosen to play for Barnes

That a str8 foolishness. Mi upset star. They should've never used that stupid text vote method cause it easy for a set of folks to buy up a whole lot of credit to vote for their club, it's not like the wider public pays much attention to the U-20 league. Seba is one of the worst U-20 teams on the island and won because of the text foolishness. They should've simply chosen the team that is on top of the U20 league right now, as obviously, that would be the best team. It's a real shame that our best youngsters didn't get seen by Barnes. Barnes said apart from Haiti, Jamaica had the most talent. Imagine if he saw PMU or HVIEW in action.

EEDIAT TING A GWAN!!

"it easy for a set of folks to buy up a whole lot of credit to vote for their club"

That is exactly what Digicel wanted.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

On the third day, the squad will take on a local under-20 squad selected by the public via text messaging to Digicel.
      Lionpaw, Digicel has every right to promote and market their product as they see fit.

Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

So it doesn't matter that the best players never got an opportunity then?

Comment

I wonder what prevented other clubs from doing what you suggested may have been done?

Democracy gives winners and losers. Seba won using a democratic process!
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Nonsense. Democracy the American way? Who has the most money wins? I guess we could say the Jamaican way too.

Comment

Originally posted by Exile View Post
              Nonsense. Democracy the American way? Who has the most money wins? I guess we could say the Jamaican way too.
              What is democracy? ...or perhaps in this context, what is the democratic way?

If it is about allowing the will of the majority to hold sway then the considering the penetration of cell phones and other such devices in Jamaica it may be hard to disagree with this "Digicel poll/selection by 'vote"?
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Do believe people have more than one vote in democracy?

Don't be fooled.

Question, Did Digicel go to any country it doesn't have phones in?
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                  Do believe people have more than one vote in democracy?

Don't be fooled.

Question, Did Digicel go to any country it doesn't have phones in?
                  You think the system used was not free and fair?

Comment

Paw it is sponsored by Digicel, not the JFF.

Comment

I don't know but assume it is is far stretch.
                      It can be manipulated in so many ways.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                        I don't know but assume it is is far stretch.
                        It can be manipulated in so many ways.
                        mmmm?

Comment

Firstly, I have never heard of this vote thing. Secondly, I doubt very much that Seba has so many fans or so much credit to come out ahead in such a vote. For me, and it's merely my opinion here, I think Seba was selected because of Tappa's presence/influence as an assistant to John Barnes. It would be difficult to prove otherwise for me.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Maybe this game was to satisfy the "is only town baller dem look pon" crew

Comment

No matter what u lot say, I still think it should've been based on talent. It's obvious that the best youngsters were left out. Mosiah, what do u think of the Seba U-20? Are they anywhere near PMU, HVIEW, Boys Town or even Reno when it comes to talent? This is a real shame. I couldn't believe when I heard that Seba would be on show. Lot of promising youngsters saw a good opportunity go down the drain.

Comment

Working...
                              X