• Yuttie mi brethren show X this fi mi nuh

Ferguson & Wenger laud deadly duo

Ferguson and Wenger are looking forward to the clash

Old Trafford
    Saturday 16 February
    FA Cup fifth round
    Kick-off: 1715 GMT
    Replay if required: Wed 27 February, 1945 GMT
    BBC coverage: LIVE on BBC One, BBC Sport website, BBC Radio Five Live; highlights on Match of the Day
    Sir Alex Ferguson and Arsene Wenger are both wary of each other's leading scorers ahead of Saturday's FA Cup tie between Manchester United and Arsenal.
    United's Cristiano Ronaldo leads the charts having scored 27 times this season while Arsenal's Emmanuel Adebayor has taken his tally to 22.
    United boss Ferguson said: "Adebayor's got 12 goals in nine games so that shows the lad is on fire."
    Wenger added: "The only way to stop Ronaldo is to get him to defend."
    606: DEBATE
    Who will win this titanic battle?

Both managers have hinted they may not be able to field their strongest XI, with Ferguson taking into consideration their Champions League tie in Lyon on Wednesday.
    "I don't think either side will play the side everyone expects," Ferguson said.
    "I'll make a couple of changes. The view is that with massive games with Arsenal and then Lyon, you have to have a lot of consideration about how you balance out your team and hopefully you get it right."
    LAST FIVE FA CUP MEETINGS
    11/03/99 Semi-final: Man Utd 0-0 Arsenal AET
    14/03/99 Semi-final replay: Arsenal 1-2 Man Utd AET
    15/02/03 Fifth round: Man Utd 0-2 Arsenal
    03/03/04 Semi-final: Arsenal 0-1 Man Utd
    21/5/05 Final: Arsenal 0-0 Man Utd AET Arsenal won 5-4 on penalties

Wenger has injury concerns over key players, although he said those doubtful would travel to Old Trafford.
    "We have a few players who are on the edge," said Wenger.
    "We are down to the bare bones. We have just 14 players and everyone will travel then I will make a decision.
    "Gael Clichy, Philippe Senderos, Emmanuel Adebayor and Mathieu Flamini all have muscular injuries. I will have to take a look and see who is in the most dangerous position."
    Despite the problems, the 58-year-old Arsenal manager said he would not purposely field a weakened side.
    "This game is a priority because it is the next game and we want to keep our good run going and we want to try to win the trophy," said the Frenchman, who has won the competition four times with Arsenal.
    "Neither of us want a replay so we will go for it. It's always an exciting match-up because they play in a similar way to us."

Fasten your seatbelts

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson

Ferguson agreed that both sides would provide an entertaining contest
    "Fasten your seatbelts," said the 66-year-old Scot, who has led United to five FA Cup triumphs.
    "It will be a typical United-Arsenal game, full of great commitment, with competitive football, but good play as well. Both teams play good football.
    "Over the 20-odd years I've been here, Manchester United and Arsenal have been competing for trophies most of the time. For me personally, it has been a challenge against George Graham and now with Arsene Wenger. "These two clubs are run the right way and here for the long run when you look at the structure of both clubs. "You know that in five or six years time there won't be many fundamental changes, given the ages and composition of both sets of players."
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

"It will be a typical United-Arsenal game, full of great commitment, with competitive football, but good play as well. Both teams play good football.
    "Over the 20-odd years I've been here, Manchester United and Arsenal have been competing for trophies most of the time. For me personally, it has been a challenge against George Graham and now with Arsene Wenger. "These two clubs are run the right way and here for the long run when you look at the structure of both clubs. "You know that in five or six years time there won't be many fundamental changes, given the ages and composition of both sets of players."

Comment

"You know that in five or six years time there won't be many fundamental changes, given the ages and composition of both sets of players."

DAMN, I wonder how X sleeps at nights...LOL
      Karl commenting on Maschaeroni's sending off, "Getting sent off like that is anti-TEAM!
      Terrible decision by the player!":busshead::Laugh&roll::Laugh&roll::eek::La ugh&roll:

Comment

Rumor has it that Villa want Peter Crouch fi 9 million pound and Liverpool a try fi sure up a deal fi him.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

di same Villa who sold him to Portsmouth?

it might hard fi believe but Crouch is a bottom adi bun-up rice balla, no wonder teams buy from abroad....it reminds me of MLS releasing Andy and hold on to some a dem waste ballers..
          Karl commenting on Maschaeroni's sending off, "Getting sent off like that is anti-TEAM!
          Terrible decision by the player!":busshead::Laugh&roll::Laugh&roll::eek::La ugh&roll:

Comment

While he is no Ronaldo, Torres, Drogba or Abe etc.
            Can you imagine if Liverpool never have him over the last two season, where the would finish?

I am not sure if Villa even need Crouch now that them have one bigman John Carew a play good ball inna them side. I don't know how that would work.

Comment

Crouch is a bottom adi bun-up rice balla.. one of Rafas worst buys , I thought he would have swooped for Yakubu .

Crouch fits A.Villa ambitions. MID TABLE!
              THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

man, i am about to violate the english syntax but this is the only may of orating. that said.....

Crouch is one out of many worst buys by Rafa....yo figet

Alonso
                Josemi
                Garcia
                Sissoko
                Agger
                Nunez
                Pellegrino
                Gonzalez
                Kuyt
                Bellamy
                Crouch
                Aurelio
                Pennant
                Arbeloa
                Fowler
                Mascherano
                Reina
                Anderson
                Paletta
                Padelli
                Roque
                Peltier
                Nabil El Zhar
                Brouwer
                Hansen
                Flynn
                Insua
                Duran
                Huth
                Idrizaj
                Antwi
                Carsson
                Kromkamp
                Morientes
                Barragan
                Anderson
                Ajdarevic
                Zenden
                Lucas
                Veronin
                Simon
                Nemeth
                Mihailov
                San Jose
                Kacaniklic
                Pacheco
                Purie
                Alexandrov
                Torres
                Benayoun
                Babel
                Awang
                Amoo
                Bouzanis
                Pouriez
                Skrtel

Comment

Working...
                X