Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• frank sinclair

roll back years for Chelsea return

Huddersfield Town's veteran defender Frank Sinclair is anxious not to show his age when he returns to Stamford Bridge to face former club Chelsea in the FA Cup fifth round.
    The 36-year-old, who became a fans' favourite during his eight years with the Blues for whom he made just over 200 appearances, wants to show them he is still the same player.
    Sinclair won the FA Cup in 1997 under Ruud Gullit and the League Cup when Gianluca Vialli was boss the following season before moving on to Leicester, Burnley and then Huddersfield last summer.
    Sinclair said: 'I just hope I can still give the sort of performance the fans grew up watching me give.
    'They were fantastic days, the last two years of my career at the club and I was dead chuffed when I heard the fifth-round draw a couple of weeks ago.'
    Sinclair is a regular this season for Andy Ritchie's in-form Huddersfield, who have won four of their last five matches, and admitted the West Yorkshire club's fifth-round draw was 'special'.
    The two sides clashed at Stamford Bridge at the third-round stage two years ago when an 82nd-minute winner from Eidur Gudjohnsen saw the Londoners progress.
    Sinclair added: 'Like the rest of our players, I just wanted us to get a big team, but when it came out as Chelsea, it was just that bit more special for me.
    'I'm obviously going to go there to do a job and try to get a result.
    'But it does make it a bit special to go back and see the fans I have not played in front of for many years.
    'I know they will give me a good reception and I want to justify it.'
    Sinclair, who scored the opening goal in Chelsea's League Cup triumph over Middlesbrough 10 years ago, joined Huddersfield last summer after a three-month loan spell at the Galpharm Stadium and has already signed an extended contract for next season.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

I say score one fi wi Frankie!
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

against huddersfield town? he's good for that!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

own goal?

Comment

Yes I was thinkong an own goal. He I thin has the record for scoring own goals in I think consecutive EPL games.
          "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Ah di worl bes pan dat.

Comment

Working...
            X