• Show
Clear All

• Wenger - We are down to 'bare bones' for Old Trafford tie

Manchester United v Arsenal
    FA Cup Round 5
    Old Trafford
    Sat, Feb 16, 2008, 5.15pm

By Richard Clarke

Arsenal's injury problems are so severe that Arsène Wenger will take all his fit players to Manchester this evening [Friday] and then wait until the morning to see who is fit enough to feature at Old Trafford in the FA Cup Fifth-Round tie.

The likes of Gael Clichy, Emmanuel Adebayor, Mathieu Flamini and Philippe Senderos are all struggling but will travel.

"We have a few players who are on the edge," said the manager at Friday's press conference.

"We are down to the bare bones. We have just 14 players and everyone will travel then I will make a decision.

"Clichy, Senderos, Adebayor, Flamini - all are muscular injuries. I will have to take a look and see who is in the most dangerous position."

Kolo Toure and Emmanuel Eboue are available after the Africa Cup of Nations while Wenger did confirm that Jens Lehmann will play in goal. "He is the keeper in the FA Cup, that has been decided," said the Frenchman.

The current list of injured or doubtful players reads: Johan Djourou (groin), Robin van Persie (thigh), Abou Diaby (calf), Manuel Almunia (sick), Denilson (hamstring), Tomas Rosicky (hamstring), Theo Walcott (thigh), Clichy (hamstring), Alex Song (muscular), Bacary Sagna (personal reasons), Emmanuel Adebayor (muscular) and Philippe Senderos (knee/thigh).
    Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

..bull manure !!!
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Twan View Post
      Manchester United v Arsenal
      FA Cup Round 5
      Old Trafford
      Sat, Feb 16, 2008, 5.15pm

By Richard Clarke

Arsenal's injury problems are so severe that Arsène Wenger will take all his fit players to Manchester this evening [Friday] and then wait until the morning to see who is fit enough to feature at Old Trafford in the FA Cup Fifth-Round tie.

The likes of Gael Clichy, Emmanuel Adebayor, Mathieu Flamini and Philippe Senderos are all struggling but will travel.

"We have a few players who are on the edge," said the manager at Friday's press conference.

"We are down to the bare bones. We have just 14 players and everyone will travel then I will make a decision.

"Clichy, Senderos, Adebayor, Flamini - all are muscular injuries. I will have to take a look and see who is in the most dangerous position."

Kolo Toure and Emmanuel Eboue are available after the Africa Cup of Nations while Wenger did confirm that Jens Lehmann will play in goal. "He is the keeper in the FA Cup, that has been decided," said the Frenchman.

The current list of injured or doubtful players reads: Johan Djourou (groin), Robin van Persie (thigh), Abou Diaby (calf), Manuel Almunia (sick), Denilson (hamstring), Tomas Rosicky (hamstring), Theo Walcott (thigh), Clichy (hamstring), Alex Song (muscular), Bacary Sagna (personal reasons), Emmanuel Adebayor (muscular) and Philippe Senderos (knee/thigh).

Wah-wah-wah........ Cry me a river!!!! Ready-made Xcuse. If they win then they are great!!!! If they lose (people please note the spelling of the word "lose" and not "loose") then it was because of injuries. Yeah right!
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
        ..bull manure !!!
        Stap stamp yuh foot

Why yuh start sweat an tremble?

...stap wring yuh han an tear out yuh 'air?
        Ball nuh start roll yet...cool hit?
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

no win..eh?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
            Stap stamp yuh foot

Why yuh start sweat an tremble?

...stap wring yuh han an tear out yuh 'air?
            Ball nuh start roll yet...cool hit?
            I see you quoted my post. I see nothing to sweat and tremble about. Who mekking excuses already?
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
              I see you quoted my post. I see nothing to sweat and tremble about. Who mekking excuses already?
              'memba yah di tell yuh bout nuh kick puppa-licka?
              Well no need to despair there is always next season for BoyU!
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Xcuse ?...look at the injury list ....

If we go down, we go with all guns blazing...
                I expect us to go down..

Comment

Xcuse ?...look at the injury list ....

If we go down, we go with all guns blazing...
                  I expect us to go down..
                  Strange ... if the Empire was to point out their injuries unuh would be mekking up noise bout excuse. Now the shoe deh fi unuh foot .....

Comment

Gunners have 12 injured palyers now !!! How much walking wounded the Empire have ?

Lazie, we are hurting but we will come out with ALL INJURED GUNS BLAZING !!!

Comment

Gunners have 12 injured palyers now !!! How much walking wounded the Empire have ?

Lazie, we are hurting but we will come out with ALL INJURED GUNS BLAZING !!!
                      Man have headache and toothache and unuh a call dat injury? But a weh de.........
                      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

prepare for the headache!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                        X