X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GOODISON must GO

Goodison must go!

by Delly,s
    There are times when I express an opinion on a particular topic which causes people to think I am a hard person. It is not being hard, but one has to be truthful to oneself. The last international friendly played at the National Stadium brings out my point.

Ian ‘Pepe’ Goodison, a stalwart who has represented Jamaica like a Trojan soldier, was the main cause of the goal that Costa Rica scored to take the lead. Now, some may say ‘a just one little goal man’ but to me it made a world of difference.

I was terribly disappointed with Rene Simoes for recalling Goodison to the squad. Though he might be good for league games in England which are not as rigorous as an international fixture, the country needs to now be moulding central defenders with youth, speed and ability to take command of that sensitive defence area.

It cannot be denied that Goodison uses his head well and is a good reader of the game. In the last two World Cups he was slow and in this one he will be even slower especially in the late stages of games when his legs are tiring.

Fabio Capello, coach of England, found himself under similar situation as Simoes with David Beckham. The media and fans of England were all over Capello to play Beckham, who was seeking his 100th cap. Capello would have none of it and rejected those promptings; because of his stance England fielded a youthful looking aggregation. The results were very encouraging. These are the decisions we must make with Goodison and Donald Stewart. Will they be able to withstand the grueling World Cup qualifying campaign? Why aren’t the younger players been given a chance to show their worth? Simoes is living in the pre 1998 era and for him it’s the ‘same old, same old’ philosophy. If we could reunite Walter Boyd and Onandi Lowe they would both have started upfront in the last game.

To be fair to Simoes, he might have gotten the stadium packed to capacity with fanatic flag bearing supporters, but if Tyrone Marshall didn’t save our skin with that last minute header he would have started on a losing note and question marks would already be flying over his head.

LOOKING TO THE FUTURE
    We have to break away from the past if we are to move towards the future.

Ricardo Fuller also appears to have seen better days internationally. His dribble and drop mentality needs to be addressed because no other striker in the game falls to the ground as much. Luton Shelton should not have to wait for the next qualification campaign to start getting his regular starts. His lightning pace and ability to get behind defenders must be quickly utilized.

I really don’t care at whose expense he takes the field, the fact is he should be out there. The Pepe Goodison of old would have easily disposed of that Costa Rican forward who scored, but his slow pace relegated him a mere spectator like the rest of us. Is that what we really want?

FLAWED LOCAL PLAYER SELECTION POLICY
    To add insult to injury Simoes has employed a flawed local based player selection policy. I can’t imagine why 24 players should have been selected locally, but had to be cut down to 9 before the foreign base arrived, this is stupid. All the players should be brought into turning and then we choose the best of the lot. It should not be that foreign based players don’t have to compete for their position. It is a bad precedent and will damage the moral of the locally based players who will rightfully believe they are second class players.

Simoes needs to stop posturing for the media and do some work. The last time he left our shores football, hit rock bottom and it would be catastrophic if history was to repeat itself. I must congratulate the Reggae Boys for a good performance against Costa Rica, but the JFF must understand, filling the stadium with people is one thing, getting the team to win is another. As for Mr. Simoes, he must realize quickly the mindset of the Jamaican people, ‘hero today, and villain tomorrow.’

Think on these things.
    Enough said:
    Wadadah (peace & love)

First let me ask this: Do you have any INT'L
    coaching experience?

Comment

how young is Tyrone Marshall who scored the goal?
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Delly's, with all due respect, It would make no sense for the JFF/Rene Simoes to bring those players in from ovserseas, paying expensive airfare, hotel accomodations etc and have those players sit in the stands and watch the game. The coaching staff could have called other players playing in ovseras league sto the squad...the likes of Khari Stephenson, Teafore Bennet, Jermain Johnson etc were left out...giving way for the 9 local base players. the 9 players selected from the local training camp were joined by another 12 or so from overseas. The likes of Rudy Austin, Roen Nelson, Wolry Wolf etc should be commended for keeping out players such as Khari Stephenson, JJ, Shavar thomas out of the starting 11, the others need to step up their game to force themselves into the strating team.

The local players had over a week to impress Simoes...the ones that did got a place on the field vs costa Rica. It would have been terribly hard for simoes to fully assess the overseas based against the local based in the 2 days that he had the overseas based players for.
        President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
          First let me ask this: Do you have any INT'L
          coaching experience?
          Do you have international coaching experience Jawge? I see you express your opinions on this forum all the time and no one ever thought you required international coaching experience to do so. Why start now?
          What you want Delly to have a first class UEFA Coaching License to say what he thinks?
          "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

it different when you a Brazillian, it inna you blood. Jawge a di resident Brazillian
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
              how young is Tyrone Marshall who scored the goal?
              I hardly think it is all about age and as Delly made reference to Fabio Castello and Beckham, remember that Castello did not leave out Becks because of his age. He said he left him out because of his inactivity and he did not feel training with Arsenal's reserves would make him match ready for the international game.

I was never for the recall of Goodison as I thought he had slowed down a lot and League 2 might not necessarily be the best yard stick to measure his readiness for the international game. I am sure if after Simoes takes a look at him in actual match situations, if he does not see Goodison in the team, trust me, he will not be. For now I will go with Simoes' program.
              "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Tilla if you pay close attention; I try to
                organzie cheering on the team. The most I do is rubber stamp what the Prof. says about INt'L football Personally I feel that Pepe and marshall
                playing at the same time is a liability but the Prof (who has years of experience coaching INT'L football) may see things different. I trust the Prof., he is the leader, hence I go along with him. I just don't know enough about the game.

Tilla if you are sick and lands in the hospital, are you going to question the doctor?

Comment

Ah Delly Rankin, Yuh tink di sojah too slow, membah one ting di greatest defendah dem inna di worl nevah bless wid nuh speed nar quickness, but di greatest asset dem hab is dem ability fi read fi game and mek important tackle when di time come an Pepe ah di mastah ah dat. suh fi mi, him ah di teacha roun ah back. Di goal ah did Granny Marshall fault di ongle mistake him mek inna di game (kah him ah didah di star fi di show), kah it plain fi si seh di playah was played onside by summady.
                  Boo ah carry him side pan him shouldah right now ah Englan, suh fi him selection pan di team ah simple ting. Shelton ah guh get him time, suh nuh worry nah fret. Di bwoy ah guh shine kah him have di fight an ability.
                  Fi call nuff local balla dem a good ting, nutten nuh wrang wi dat, dem, demselve know seh nuff man ah guh get cut, kah ah di bes of di bes ah guh mek it, but nuff man have ah oppurtunity fi show dem skill. Membah ah nuh ongle Senior side Undah 20,23 and 17 suh one stone a kill nuff bird.
                  Is one ting dough, nuff man a surface now an ah question ebry ting right yah now. Mi nevah understan dat wid wi, when tings bad ah silent night an when tings start look a likkle way, a dem time den wi ready fi question. Is a yard ting suh it nah guh change, ah di powers said way.

Comment

It's Capello. Capello have an
                    axe to grind with Becks from RMA. RMA wasn't going to allow him to F up Binho's career, Becks on the other is now old and thus dispensible.

Capello carry tings and personalize issues, trust mi.

Comment

Tilla if you are sick and lands in the hospital, are you going to question the doctor?
                      As usual, you and your roundabout argument. How does this have anything to do with a forumite like Delly expressing what he thinks of our team? This is what we fans do and it is the basis of the continuity of a RBSC forum.

To answer your question, yes, I do question my doctor. I want to know why he is doing what he is doing and why I should take the meds he is giving. Jawge, I am never one to follow blindly, I have to have understanding before you get me to commit.

I think the prof may have a reason to play a Goodison right now as now is the time to do so to see if he still has what it takes. I also believe that on this forum, Delly has a right to state his opinion. If you want to refute the man's argument come with some cogent points, not smokescreen like if he has international coaching experience.

Comment

Well, no one needs to ask Jawge because he takes his views straight from the "professor". So, whatever qualifications/experience Simoes have, Jawge have it tuh!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

So when you sick and land in the emergency room, yuh busy
                          ah question yuh docta? The most I do is get a second or third opinion (another expert in the field advising me).

Tilla if it makes you happy; go ahead pick the Rboyz team as you see fit.
                          from where I stand we have nothing and until the Prof. can rebuild us and put a system in place, the Prof has carte blanche, I'm just here to rubber stamp.

Comment

Mo yuh evah see mi pon TV a coach nuh Int'L team?
                            Yuh eva se mi ah coach none a Brasil team dem yet?

How low will you go MO?

Comment

Yuh nuh, Ah easy ting dat. An if Englan start struggle him a guh draw fi Beckham again to.

Comment

Working...
                              X