So what does the massive think of playing EPL games overseas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what does the massive think of playing EPL games overseas

The EPL wants to play some regular season games overseas to globalize the Premiership so it is concievable that a ManU vs Chelsea could be at Giant's Stadium or Assenal vs Liverpool in Toronto.

Just like what the NFL is doing now.

Is this fair to the fans ? How about taking away home field advantage ? what about a local season ticket holder ? Or what happens if a player can't get a US visa and has to be left out of the team ?

I like the idea for selfish reasons.

Originally posted by Scaly View Post
    The EPL wants to play some regular season games overseas to globalize the Premiership so it is concievable that a ManU vs Chelsea could be at Giant's Stadium or Assenal vs Liverpool in Toronto.

Is this fair to the fans ? How about taking away home field advantage ? what about a local season ticket holder ? Or what happens if a player can't get a US visa and has to be left out of the team ?

As long as I get to see the Empire .. its fine with me. You asked, "Is this fair to the fans?" The EPL is a global brand Scaly .. with fans all over the world. Suh yes ... its fair to fans like me. Check this forum for example, there are Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs and of course ... Empire fans.

Bring the Empire to Giants Stadium, we all know dem capable of mekking it overflow.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

NO!!!!

there is a reason it name English Premier League.

I can't see how it will benefit these other countries they play in.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Scaly View Post

No!
        Friendlies? - Yes!
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

It will be challenged by the federations. Asia, US Soccer & Australia have come out against this. I think it is dead on arrival, and it is really a money grab, since the EPL is predicting each team will earn 5 million pound per match.
          Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

if them can do that what would stop them from treading on different leagues in different countries?
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Federations are smart and can see over
              the horizon.

Comment

nope...

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                X