• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jazz ... and our valued sponsors

Jazz ... and our valued sponsors

National technical director René Simoes. - Ian Allen

Dear Jamaicans,
    The jazz festival was a great experience of friendship and togetherness. I feel great to have been there and to see that good organisation can be achieved and that thousands of people can be held fearless and with little trouble in big events like that.
    I like instrumental jazz. In this kind of [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]music[/COLOR][/COLOR], you drive yourself by where you want to go. The lyrics depend on your own imagination, it is a great feeling of freedom. But I was there and I attended many booths to salute Jamaicans.
    In one of them, there was one of our sponsors and I realised how disappointed they are in the way sponsorship was treated in recent times by the [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]Football[/COLOR][/COLOR] Federation. In our conversation, I said to the company CEO that Captain Burrell's administration has a great respect for sponsorship agreements and they are really professionals and if someone puts a dollar into the programme, he/she will receive back at least two dollars in [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]television[/COLOR][/COLOR], radio and newspaper mileage. The reply I got from the CEO was a real surprise to me. He said that it is the same promise that others made to him before.
    I was really so surprised by that kind of reaction and discussed the matter with Captain Burrell. We concluded that he was not wrong to complain about his rights.

Change behaviour
    We must change our behaviour and start looking for accountability in any area of our lives. We can't accept quietly what others are doing with our money. When we spend our money or pay our [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]taxes[/COLOR][/COLOR], we must have confidence that we are getting real value for what we buy or the service we seek.
    Nobody as a public person or a public company can be successful without integrity, transparency and a very clear programme.
    That is what we are trying to put together here at the Football Federation.
    With this new administration, our sponsors will be treated as partners. We plan to suffer, cry, laugh, win, celebrate and capture the people's hearts together to the benefit first of Jamaica and Jamaicans and, secondly, in our common interest.
    We are offering a real chance to all companies to join us now and be proud to be the first one to jump on the boat to go to [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]South [COLOR=blue! important]Africa[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] and beyond. If you miss this opportunity now, I'm sure that you will regret it greatly in the near future.
    In the '90s we launched a motto that: 'We can do'. We are very proud that other countries in other areas are now using the some slogan.
    Let us revive the motto, adapted to 'We can do again'.
    May God bless you all.
    Show off your skills for René!

The STAR and the Jamaica Football Federation are inviting talented youngsters across Jamaica to show off their football skills for René Simoes.
    The acclaimed coach and technical director will select a number of youngsters to participate in a [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]training [COLOR=blue! important]and [/COLOR][COLOR=blue! important]development[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] exercise.
    Youngsters must be between 12 and 15 years old and must possess impressive football skills.
    To register call The STAR today between 4 and 5 p.m. and give your name, age and contact number, or email us at star@gleanerjm.com with the details. Registration ends February 20 at 5 p.m.

Invite René and the Boyz to your charity
    René Simoes and the Reggae Boyz will dedicate their time to a charity in March of this year.
    They are inviting charities across Jamaica to write in to The STAR and tell us why a visit from René and The Boyz would benefit your organisation.
    Letters should be no more than 250 words and should include the name(s) and contact number(s) of persons in charge of the organisation.
    Send entries to:
    René for Charity
    The STAR
    7 North Street
    Kingston
    or email star@gleanerjm.com Deadline for submission is February 22.

• Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

This man has a masters in psychology? i dont think Mourinho has a thing on Rene.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Sorry Doctorate or PHD.
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Sass, if you cannot take the time to clean up articles from the Gleaner and Star, mekk someone else post them nuh?
        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Where did they mention that?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
          X