RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jamaica v. Argentina...not a good business idea.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From a football point its a good game. Its actually a no loose scenario. You only get better by playing the best. If the USA can play Argentina and holland why cant we?

Comment

Then you have to ask , what is in it for Argentina? Are they also just trying to get some dollars? And if so - of all the deals they can get for freindlies, JA is the best deal? Or are they as seeded teams required/encouraged by FIFA to take some kind of role in developing teams like JA?

Comment

Hl what if we are in the same group come
        2010? We should run and hide? We must play Mexico in the WCQ, should roll over and play dead? Come on boss.

I know Arg. is a strong team and I respect that but we will march on to
        the field and give it our 110%, at the final whistle let the chips fall where they may. They lace up their shoes the same way we do.

The captain is smart in letting Ja play these big teams; when the right time comes they will just be another team. No awe or shock

Comment

Did Jamaica get better after playing England --and geting 5-love?
          The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Those are very good questions Suess PhD.

Addressing your first two questions:

Argentina v. any of the top 15 ranked countries willbe a better financial draw for any venue.

Your last question at first glance sounds reasonable. But when you think about it, it's like the WBA and WBC mandating that lower ranked boxers should get a crack at the champion ...........

HL

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
              Did Jamaica get better after playing England --and geting 5-love?
              It was an even six HL.

ENGLAND
              F Lampard (11)
              J Taylor (og 17)
              P Crouch (29)
              M Owen (32)
              P Crouch (67)
              P Crouch (89
              "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

We have to realize that sometimes coaches of strong teams pick weaker teams for target practise. Playing a team which is not on your level in terms of skill and tactical sophistication can do wonders for your side to work out some deficiencies. If I were coach, I would not have selected the top team in the world at this time. It would be good for our ranking if we can get a good result from them. Imagine if we draw or win against the Argies?
                "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

You know Tilla...i have to give you nuff ratings!!

I am amazed at how much information you (and Farmah) have at your finger tips.

ThankX !!!

HL

Comment

Working...
                  X