Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lazie and all who think the Jamaica game

was boring.

Are you watching the waste of space on my TV name The EPL Liverpool Vs Chelsea?
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

I thought it was boring for the most part. So much so, the crowd did manage to pull off two strong revolutions of the Mexican wave!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

True.. maybe if Costa Rica has scored earlier a couple times... would that qualify as exciting ?

It was boring watching the Reggaeboyz control the middle at a 'leisurely' pace.

Dem shoulda be more like ants at the start of the game so dat 2nd half Costa Rica coulda tek ovah wid dem 10,000 substitutions..

Comment

Originally posted by Maudib View Post
        It was boring watching the Reggaeboyz control the middle at a 'leisurely' pace.
        To what end? What's the point if, as you have admitted, there was no service? They controlled the middle, "leisurely", and still were inadequate. No?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Inadequate ?

I thought the discussion was about boring ?

I am quite sure di Costa Rica keeper was far from bored...

Comment

Oh, so the midfield was effective but just didn't provide quality service. I see.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Well If Crouch starts its always boring.
              THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

huh?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Break the midfield responsiblities down into sub-tasks.. den take it from there.

But yuh slippery sah.. 3-card man swap out inadequate with effective...'

The midfield play was effective enough to create more chances than the Costa Rican midfield.. by a good degree.

That leaves Mexico and the USA....

Comment

Do we need a creative midfielder or not?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                      I thought it was boring for the most part. So much so, the crowd did manage to pull off two strong revolutions of the Mexican wave!
                      True!
                      I agreed with Lazie when he said the match was boring...but, I should ahve qualified that as being from an ordinary spectator point of view...from the perspective of those who are trying to arrivve at conclusions and or 'guestimate' on our chances to arrive at South Africa 2010 and or those taking the long term 'climb to TOP OF THE WORLD destination' work, it is a very, very snap-shot of where we are...and, raises questions of/on - 'what do we do'/how do we go from here'?

I have watched the match twice since seeing it live...and while I have come to kinder thoughts on Fuller's performance...although I still observed that he did not play as smart as I would ahve liked...and I hold firm to my position that Bibi, Stew Peas, Granny Marshall, Marlon King played tremendous TEAM roles...I need to block out their performances and return to look at Austin, Philips and the others...excepting Jamal Ryce-Campbell who worked very, very hard and surprisingly played an OK...a fair...faily good(?) TEAM game even as his shooting was awful.

Am feeling better about the possibility of getting to the Hex! ...and if enough matches are played against quality opposition there seems to be real potential to develop to that stage where a real challenge for 'straight qualifying' i.e. qualifying without having to enter a play-off...to World Cup 2010 Finals.

The chances...good chances were created whereby we should have scored 3 or 4 goals.
                      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                        The chances...good chances were created whereby we should have scored 3 or 4 goals.
                        I need somebody to point out to me where we should have scored 3 or 4 goals. No team consistently scores on the occasions that I believe some of us are talking about. Better you say "could" have scored, Karl.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

did you get a chance to see the game on TV? Replays etc? Maybe jamaica didnt play as you would have loved to see them play, but they were
                          WAY better than Costa Rica in every department (well, except for the goals scored)....yes, i know we are at home...but still!

And I do agree with you Mosiah...the Jerry Hue that I know would be a great asset in the middle of the park....to provide the final passes upfront, or even to take some of those free kicks. But It seems there is something about his game that all these coaches seem to dislike...Laza, Bora, Rene etc. I hope to see him in the gold shirt again...because I know this player has the technical skills to rival the likes of a carlos Valderrama (Watch Lazie slaughter me now )
                          President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

I need somebody to point out to me where we should have scored 3 or 4 goals. No team consistently scores on the occasions that I believe some of us are talking about. Better you say "could" have scored, Karl.
                            Correction accepted - We could...
                            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Do we need a creative midfielder or not?
                              The two are not mutually exclusive.

Comment

Working...
                              X