Lazie This dearth of talent that you say we dont have

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lazie This dearth of talent that you say we dont have

does it include the diaspora? Or do you say it as it pertains to the Island of Jamaica ?

For an island to be linked with English Capped footballers , A.Cole, James , Pennant , Barnes , I see a dearth of talent.When you factor in the ones capped by Jamaica that argument is stronger , Burton , Hall etc .

I can make a case of the local Rbyz that walk into priermership and championship clubs from the NPL.In order to really have a positive assesment a study must be made of (the before and after and the return ) of Rene Simoes with his football program.

We can all agree that when he left so did the program .It was at this zenith That K.K went to Paris St Germain , from the youth level and a number of our RBYZ acquired contracts in the MLS and English leagues.

I attribute that all talent that left Jamaica (got contracts )after Rene Simoes was sacked was a windfall after WC 98.The Austin ,Phillps and Wolfe are also a part of that windfall despite us not having a program but it must be attributed to the belief in ones talent to be called into a Rene Simoes program, no doubt it will be polished but what of those that earned contracts in europe Post Rene ? was it talent ?

Dearth of talent ! I think Rene answered that a while ago when he said something to the effect of untranied seals, If whitmore was Brazilian he would be noticed by the world, offering Onandi a contract in Brazil .I dont know any other player offered a contract than Onandi Lowe from Mex -Brazil to a try out with arsenal.

I wonder why is it we dont see what forgeiners see in us? is it mental slavery or humility on our part?

We can compete with the greatest T&F nation in the world , all because we have programmed our minds to do the same.

I believe we can compete with MEX & the USA in concacf if we put our minds to it , havent we done it before under Rene when we qualified for numerous youth tournaments ? We did it on the senior level in 98 , some said it was a miracle but was it ? again a nation stood behind the RBYZ, attention was diverted to the cause at hand , Attention has now been diverted to another one Africa .

Talented we are , but I believe more so blessed with humbleness in believing that we nuh betta than nuh body and none nuh betta than we.

Explain Lazie , a retort is Xpected.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

I didn't say we didn't have talented players ... the issue I have is when jokers claim we have an ABUNDANCE OF TALENT.

Brazil have an abundance of talent. Argentina have an abundance of talent. France have an abundance of talent. We don't.

Is that to the point enough for you?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

can youmake it relative after all....we don't have the POPULATION nor football infrastructure to compete on the raw numbers basis ... but talent is innate and per capita i think we do have an abundance of talent,not an overabundance mind you.

in track and field ... would you say we have an abundance of talent?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Nope , I need an indepth analysis , that like me saying we are talented , I explained gave e.g etc

Give same as to why we dont ?

Didnt we make it FIFA junior tournaments on a consistent basis with a local team? isnt that the seal of proof that we have an abundance of talent ? knocking Mex out on a couple of occasions cannot be a fluke.

Even at our lowest ebb when Rene Left we knocked out the USA.

Give me fcats to support your statement.

Is it based on population numbers ? Thats all I see in the above mentioned states of the major difference and of course the resources.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Boss yuh ah lick hard dis morning. Easy wid
          Lazie, yuh know him nuh werk toowell wid facts an data

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
            Boss yuh ah lick hard dis morning. Easy wid
            Lazie, yuh know him nuh werk toowell wid facts an data
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
              can youmake it relative after all....we don't have the POPULATION nor football infrastructure to compete on the raw numbers basis ... but talent is innate and per capita i think we do have an abundance of talent,not an overabundance mind you.

in track and field ... would you say we have an abundance of talent?
              I cannot say as I don't follow the sport.

Football now! When I was in first form in high school I used to cut from class early to watch the D Cup players train. Man tek some sweet shots whey mek the net shake ... keeper fly through the air to make some beautiful saves .. but come match day .. teams like Dinthill, Frankfield etc would steam roll them before half time.

There are players that Jamaican football fans would crown as big balla as they would shine in D Cup .. Manning Cup .. NPL, but when they face teams in an international ... they're less than average. Byron Earle, Michael Graham and Pele Wilson comes to mind.

Despite the population size .. if we had an abundance of talent .. if Fuller gets injuried, we shouldn't be scratching our heads wondering who is gonna play. Sorry Gamma, we have talented players ... not an abundance.
              "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

and tell me how the population of France, Argentina etc differs from ours?
                Jamaica is well know for its athletes...I believe per capita, we do better than all other countries except the USA. Our netballers have been world beaters...sure, we havent won the world title in ages, but to be finishing third consistently tells you something about the talent we have on teh island. I am not sure why thing sshould be that different for our footballers.
                President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
                  Nope , I need an indepth analysis , that like me saying we are talented , I explained gave e.g etc

Give same as to why we dont ?

Didnt we make it FIFA junior tournaments on a consistent basis with a local team? isnt that the seal of proof that we have an abundance of talent ? knocking Mex out on a couple of occasions cannot be a fluke.

Even at our lowest ebb when Rene Left we knocked out the USA.

Give me fcats to support your statement.

Is it based on population numbers ? Thats all I see in the above mentioned states of the major difference and of course the resources.
                  We qualified for which junior FIFA tournament on a consistent basis? Obviously I missed that. Please remind mi nuh.

X, I'm not in the gladis thing like I see some pushing for round here. If you want to believe that the cow jumped over the moon .. then knock yuhself out.

Comment

Originally posted by Reggae-Fan View Post
                    and tell me how the population of France, Argentina etc differs from ours?
                    Jamaica is well know for its athletes...I believe per capita, we do better than all other countries except the USA. Our netballers have been world beaters...sure, we havent won the world title in ages, but to be finishing third consistently tells you something about the talent we have on teh island. I am not sure why thing sshould be that different for our footballers.
                    I don't know about netball or running ... if yuh want to discuss football .. thats fine. Same way I recall years ago you and the Trinis arguing who have an abundance of talent over who. I truly found it comical.

Comment

don't be sorry...we simply have different opinions and you're wrong! that's all!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

o.k yuh not gladis , but come with some facts as to why we dont have the abundance of talent I believe we have?

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
                          o.k yuh not gladis , but come with some facts as to why we dont have the abundance of talent I believe we have?
                          Can a negative be proven? If anyone should be coming with facts, its those that believe in the myth.

Comment

O.K sah suh yuh only a run yuh mouth .

Comment

And yes a negative can be proven .But thats a maths class.

Comment

Working...
                              X