• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burrell hails successful staging of friendly

Burrell hails successful staging of friendly

SEAN A WILLIAMS, Assistant Sports Editor
    Friday, February 08, 2008

Marlon King (left), of Jamaica controls the ball ahead of Costa Rica's Pablo Chinchilla during their friendly international at the National Stadium on Wednesday night. The game ended 1-1. (Photos: Garfield Robinson)

Jamaica's football boss, Captain Horace Burrell, says he is overjoyed by the events that unfolded inside the National Stadium on Wednesday night when the Reggae Boyz and Costa Rica played to a gruelling 1-1 tie in a friendly international.

Captain Burrell, who returned to the helm of the nation's football in November of last year, said the evening was one of complete celebration as the nation marked not only the birth date of late reggae icon, Bob Marley, but another launch of the Boyz's 'Back To Africa' World Cup campaign.

http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/articles...252&category=1
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

'I am happy for what happened today (Wednesday). I must thank Jamaica Money Market Brokers (JMMB) for sponsoring the game, you don't realise what you have done for us. I wear your shirt and your hat and you have my heart,' Simoes cooed.

Marketing head at JMMB, Margaret Cremmin, announced that the company's promise to contribute $50,000 for every Boyz goal scored to the SOS Children's Village, was doubled to $100,000.
    Next time mi chat to people affiliated with JMMB, mi a go big dem up
    Burrell has managed to bring in sponsors to assist in subsidizing the costs of hosting matches at the office. All the naysayers who claimed that hosting a match at the stadium would be a lose lose situation, go tek a swim right now
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Hortical View Post
      Next time mi chat to people affiliated with JMMB, mi a go big dem up
      Burrell has managed to bring in sponsors to assist in subsidizing the costs of hosting matches at the office. All the naysayers who claimed that hosting a match at the stadium would be a lose lose situation, go tek a swim right now
      why yuh a kaul hout siccko?
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
      X