Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny you weren't saying this when Tappa was coach. Boss
    just join me in making noise in the stands and leave INT'L football to
    the experts (Prof.Simoes and his hand picked coaching staff).

I don't think the prof can argue with us in the cheering section.

Comment

Bora bore some responsibility as well. Nobody knew what Bora wanted to do as he was a mystery man.

Bora not even call some a di best player them locally yet. He had a few, very few players in mind to develop and there was no clear cut policy.
      Bora hide away from us and choose not to use the press and Simoes is doing the opposite and giving more local player a chance to make the team. Watch the ride as he gets the under 20 and under 23 in camp, something that wasn't high on Bora agenda.

Watch the ride with the side in six months time. If a Burrell a di difference how unnu nuh give him no credit?
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I wasn't saying a lot of things when Tappa was coach. Indeed, you said little yourself, unless you count the waving of pom-poms as something!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Okay sah. Apparently, unnu know a lot more than I do!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

no, that is the problem. I can only judge by the one year I saw him there as he didn't say MUCH.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
              Karl wha di blowscup do yuh man?
              mmmm?
              I missed that!
              I hope he was speaking about our junior national teams...and, not an alternate senior D(?) team.

It is extremely difficult to improve...takes a much longer time...when just about everytime the ball is passed it ends up with of the other team.

It is much easier to improve when you are getting many touches during games...i.e. the possession rate of those you play with is great and thus you get large amounts of practise collecting/receiving the ball (many different ways and under many different conditions/circumstances during matches) and also many different passing skills utilised passing the ball around i.e. making many different type passes - long...short...aerial...on the ground...hitting with various parts of the foot-instep...many different required passing skills during games as opposed to few only opportunities during matches when 'bad players' are around you.
              Last edited by Karl; February 8, 2008, 12:56 PM.
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

ah gwine send you a years supply of toilet paper... cause jah know..

Comment

well given my limited knowledge
                  about INT'L football, I'm proud to cheer on the team. You?

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post

The point remains the same, Karl, and I don't want you to water it down. Local players must get overseas matches. You can argue whether it's "best available TEAM" all you want.
                    But I have been saying this all along! ...from waappie was a bwoy! ...including in the article I put up last Tuesday. ...but, it makes no sense putting less than best available team on the field.

Where does less than best available mean 'local based only'? ...and, where does 'best available team' necessarily mean exclusion of local players and or necessarily exclusion of overseas based players? Could not a situation arrive in our future where 'best available team' has only local based or only overseas based?

I am saying it should be best available at all times. You develop as per for example Brazil, Spain, England by giving best available at various levels the exposure. You do not, for example, take from the U-21s a player who does not deserve to be on the Senior team and stick that player in...or, for that matter take a U-17 player and stick him in the U-21 when he is not up to snuff.

NONSENSE POLICY! ...and, I care not if SIMOES or Big PHILL comes with that bulls! You mussi tink if Simoes says it would be great for our teams if all the players jump off a tall building that I would hug up that nonsense. Nonsense from anyone is nonsense!
                    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

I am with you in reserving the right to criticise any and everyone, including Simoes. The slurping I leave for others.

But we certainly disagree about this "best team" idea. Screw best team! The local lads need international matches! That means that some, or even all of our farin-based players might be excluded from time to time. I hope Simoes agrees with me.

Perhaps Jawge can let us know what the coach is really thinking. Jawge?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                        I am with you in reserving the right to criticise any and everyone, including Simoes. The slurping I leave for others.

But we certainly disagree about this "best team" idea. Screw best team! The local lads need international matches! That means that some, or even all of our farin-based players might be excluded from time to time. I hope Simoes agrees with me.

Perhaps Jawge can let us know what the coach is really thinking. Jawge?
                        The local teams must band together - if the Parish Associations and JFF fail them - and invite to Jamaica the BoyUs, Arsenals, Barcelonas, Lyons...etc. to vacation and share training styles and play friendlies.

They must also tour and arrange visits to professional club trainings.

At the national levels all our national teams must get 'regular diet' of international matches against appropriate age group opponents.

I have being saying the above for years. Screw the thought of making our players - locals or overseas based - think mediocre players can walk into our national teams! F@#$%&^k dat!

Only our best is good enough!
                        FORWARD to the TOP OF THE WORLD!

F@#$%^k acceptance of mediocrity!

Comment

There is a reason why you are not sure.

When you are able to analyze the strengths and weaknesses of our players you will have more confidence...

Comment

Who is asking for mediocre players?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Did I delcre on this site that I'm a
                              mind reader?

Comment

Lost track. Gamma, what is Jawge? I recall half man half ass...sorry I meant to say ass...also eternal learner, conversion expert (litres to gallons)...what else? Isn't mind reader one of them?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                                X