Jamaica defence was not really good but Costa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamaica defence was not really good but Costa

Rica choose to just contain the reggae boyzsc trust (special instruction from their coach). Costa rican look more compose on the ball and defnitely came just to toyed around with the boyzs. I do not trust jamaica comentators because they make you believe that jamaica is playing so well, when in fact players are doing crap with the ball and going around in circle. if Jamaica should play like that come qualifying the top three teams will give them 3-0 at least. Our defence is very slow and it show up in one instance and it was a goal just like that. I can tell you all that Mexico,USA,Canada won't give Jamaica so much time to play with the ball so casual. Shot placement is bad and we are still not passing or shooting at the right time in final third. I think Pepe have more say than bibi as the captain.Marshall and Austin had a good game . Ricketts seems more positive to go for the few balls that come across but the wall setting took too long and i praise Austin for standing over the ball before the wall was formed properly.The crowd need to be more vocal and supportive during the games . I watch how our players turn away from opponents and found out that we are still not using our angles properly to get away from our opponents. Overall consider the limited time these players were together, travel time,the expectation from Simoes,fans and minor injuries . I think it looks good going forward . By the way that bicycle kick was specatular and would have been the best international goal this year if it when in.

What was Costa Rica instructions against Iran ?

The score was also 1-1.

Was Costa Rica instructed to allow 16 attemps on their goal.. was that part of the 'game plan' ?.. Was the plan to bore Ricketts to death and then catch him off guard on a failed offside trap ?

They just knew that Fuller, King etc would shoot high and that the bicycle kick would hit the post.. not to mention the 2 acrobatic saves by their goal keeper to keep out Austin and Demar...

Yup all part of the Master plan.
    Last edited by Muadib; February 7, 2008, 11:54 AM.

Comment

What do you call attempts at goal in international games

How many times did Costa Rica keeper save a goal bound shot?

Jamaica left side need more options and improvement...Can you imagine Bibi and Phillips injured for game ...where are the quality substititutes...

If we need to go to south africa we have to have a stronger bench in all areas. Bibi,phillips and Morrison need some serious weights training for their upper body especially.

Comment

Originally posted by No Mercy View Post
        How many times did Costa Rica keeper save a goal bound shot?
        I would love to hear your count on this?
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

"Bibi,phillips and Morrison need some serious weights training for their upper body especially."

Man you keep on talking about weights training as if football is a bodybuilding sport. I am not saying that a weights shouldn't be part of a training regime, but you seem to stress this too much. Don't you think that Bibi is getting world-class training at Bolton? The world's best ballers have average-sized bodies. What they have is well defined muscular legs.
          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

How comes him always a lose out on most physical contact

in the defensive end. Do not get me wrong Bibi is good but as a defender he need some more upper body strength ..foot alone nu play game and this is where we failed to prepare our players ...Not much of our players win aerial battles in games and we are going to need this more than ever if we want to reach south africa...Fancied and trickery play nu scare concacaf opponents in certain areas of the field ... I personally think Bibi fall to ground too easy in defensive end and that is a weakest for the reggaeboyzsc especially when our centre halves react slower to the left side than the right side.

Comment

Originally posted by No Mercy View Post
              in the defensive end. Do not get me wrong Bibi is good but as a defender he need some more upper body strength ..foot alone nu play game and this is where we failed to prepare our players ...Not much of our players win aerial battles in games and we are going to need this more than ever if we want to reach south africa...Fancied and trickery play nu scare concacaf opponents in certain areas of the field ... I personally think Bibi fall to ground too easy in defensive end and that is a weakest for the reggaeboyzsc especially when our centre halves react slower to the left side than the right side.
              Cannot remember anyone getting by him? ...and, he was very aggressive on the attacking end.
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

My statement is not just base on the Costa Rica game but

a collection of his games...I can tell you that at least 80% of goal score against the reggaeboyzsc was because of his defensive weakest even in Bolton games( 50% in the case of Bolton).

Comment

Working...
                X