Do Jamaicans support the national team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brush View Post
    But Guadeloupe? I think the opponent had more to do with the turn-out than the T&T team. A more established opponent would have brought the SocaWarriors' supporters out.

They need to show that they can beat those "likkle" side by at least 3 clear goals to reignite fan support.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Yuh want mi give yuh
      the senior doctor analogy again? Gwaan tink Jakan peeple ah eediat.

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
        Yuh want mi give yuh
        the senior doctor anaolgy again? Gwaan tink Jakan peeple ah eediat.
        Well, you for one Jawge ... you wouldn't go to a game unless a Brazilian is the coach .. suh you cannot mek any argument here.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

But yuh nuh easy, is whey yuh
          get dat fram boss?

Comment

I agree...but 5000 people? 10000 - 12000 would have been a better number boss.
            President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

yuh tink people have money fi waste... the people are no different than you or anybody else... they will support if they see evidence to give hope... with rene simoes & burrell the people see a committment to achieve qualification to south africa, hence the support...
              'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Simoes is in the eyes of Jamaica - a winner- every body loves to see a winner. Did they show up when Bora was coaching. And I dare say that Bora has a more winning record on teh WC stage than Simoes.

Comment

It is not because Simoes is Brazillian. Unnu a look at the wrong attribute.
                  Simoes have a way of marketing his team, getting people involved and making people want to be a part of his team.

Since Simoes came back he already met the press how many times? He is currently have a feature with star for a month.
                  Since Simoes came back he has put a plan in place and excite the players making them know he is serious, much the same as Capello and England as feel the buzz.

I bet you Rene was instrumental in having that donation to the kids as well, he knows how to get the community involved and like make people dream.

Much unlike Carl Brown, Downswell and even Bora who failed to ignite the Jamaican imagination and dream. There are not many coaches like Rene as he is also a marketing tool. He did the same thing and brought back the vibes to the Brazillian women team and Team Cortiba.

The general population of Jamaica like sports but them nuh like lose and if them think you going to lose them nah go waste them money. West Indies cricket is also a victim, you think it was this way in the days of Viv Richards, Lloyd, Rowe, Holding etc? even Mosiah would a enjoy it.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Bora was there for a year and not even one good sit down interview.
                    Carl Brown have more talk now he is the Cayman TD
                    How many reach out to the fans like Simoes. How many promise real improvement as Simoes did. Bora was already a failure when he spoke about us fighting for the final 1/2 space in the region.

Rene realise that it is a product he is dealing with the others a deal wid a FOOTBALL TEAM. Also fi the hurry come up Tappa game people did show up even though the time was short.

This game was advertise for a while included the name BOB MARLEY etc. This I guess is also part of the work of Horace Burrell and crew. I hope them can't stop count money all next week.
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Part of the problem is the TTFF with respect to the TT situation. They alienated their WC players by "blacklisting" them over WC money. This dispute is still not settled. This is the first match to my memory that the TT has played since the Gold Cup. They went to the GC minus the WC stars because of said dispute. The WC players are back in the fold but as I said the dispute is to be decided still.

Their coach was recently fired. The new coach barely knows the team.

PLUS, i's right after Carnival and I don't know that the players were sequestered, if that's the term, Monday and Tuesday.

Trini, wud rada fete dan play/watch/guh a football or cricket. BTW, ah bet yuh seh Lara "han" don' bruk. Ah who tell dem fi play 20/20 during carnival time?

pr
                      Peter R

Comment

Let's see which T'dad turns up to play the Reggae Boyz next month? Strong united Soca Warriors or Soca Warriors that the Reggae Boyz roll over?
                        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                        X