• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boyz rally for 1-1 draw against Costa Rica

Thursday, February 07, 2008
    Boyz rally for 1-1 draw against Costa Rica
    Los Ticos hold dominant Ja in friendly

Reggae Boy Jamal Campbell-Ryce (right) is brought down by Costa Rica's Andres Nunes during their friendly international at the National Stadium last night. The game ended 1-1. (Photo: Garfield Robinson)

ON a day when the nation celebrated the birth date of reggae icon Bob Marley, 'One Love' would have been an ideal score.

http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/articles...251&category=1
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Not a bad result for Jamaica.

Costa Rica is by no means an easy opponent.
    "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
    - Xavi

Comment

Looked at as TEAM - potential for good TEAM...even very good TEAM...even EXCELLENT TEAM is there! As the players performed not so good TEAM.

As individuals - This group has the potential to be smoother and much better than the 2006 team. Arguably the smoothest TEAM we have ever had. Better than the '98 TEAM. However, let us not forget the '98 team played the best ever TEAM match in RFK 1997! ...and, the 2nd best match in the Orange Bowl versus Brazil. What is the point of the foregoing?...Potential seem suggests to me that this group, with a few changes, could produce performances like the '98 TEAM's performances referenced and do so consistently. Who knows perhaps even produce superior performances than those mentioned? The potential is there!

Fuller still needs to learn TEAM is everything...particualrly in the 2nd half his selfishness stood out like a sore thumb...and particularly so when you compared it to the total TEAM effort of Marlon King. King was revelation to me. I have never seem him work for TEAM as well and beautifully as this last match. He worked hard - movement was great. He held the ball up wonderfully and then laid off in an excellent manner. He supplied final passes on goal. He contributed to possession - greatly! A toatl TEAM effort! Impressive! Extremely impressive!

The young midfielders as they mature could become awesome.

Ricketts?
      As I have killed him in the past about his distribution so fairness demands I commend him on the improved performance. AS far as TEAM was concerned in the 2nd half he raised his level of distribution 10-fold! He was competent and displayed a much higher level of alround goalkeeping that I have ever seen before. Yes, I have seen him make tremendous stops...and I have no doubt he still has that skill but his around display suggests he is a far better goalkeeper than our young goalkeepers. I hope this was not a 'one-off display'.

1st match?
      I was satisfied. Tons of work to do...but the building blocks are there!

btw - Considering this is early days...the locals looked as if they belong.

The back-line but goalkeeper?
      Stewart I think will hold his place...but, both Stewart and Pepe showed they are much too slow to really command at the TOP OF THE WORLD...besides, Pepe's technical skills are woeful. Stewart outplayed Pepe.

Marshall for all his work is not fully fit...and so is Bibi, who also worked exceptionally hard. In fact both Bibi and Marshall provided a lot of support and cover for the midfield group and were all over the field. It was not surprising that Bibi, King and Marshall created and made our equaliser! They were indispensable!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Bibi is not fit?! Do you mean he is injured? Because if he is not fit cardiovascularly, den tings really bad!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I just think he has a way to go in terms of speed and workrate. Marshall also looked heavy...all in the context of the game was not played at very fast pace.

Comment

Working...
          X