JFF courts Bora Milutinovic to coach Reggae Boyz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JFF courts Bora Milutinovic to coach Reggae Boyz

<SPAN class=news_summary>RJR Sports understands that Jamaica Football Federation President Crenston Boxhill travelled to Mexico on Wednesday for discussions with the Serbian, Bora Milutinovic, to assume the duties as Head Coach of the Reggae Boyz as the team prepares for World Cup qualification for South Africa 2010. </SPAN>

<SPAN class=news_body>Milutinovic is the only coach in football history to qualify five teams to the World Cup finals - Mexico, Costa Rica, the US, Nigeria and China.

He remains the only coach to take four teams to the second round of the World Cup finals.

He is known throughout the world as a soccer mercenary, able to take a team at short notice and achieve immediate success.

He took over Costa Rica just before the 1990 World Cup finals and stunned many by advancing the team to the second round.

He resigned as head coach of Honduras in June 2004, citing the prevailing bad atmosphere created by comments by the country's managers, officials and press.

He is now a naturalized Mexican citizen and is married to a Mexican.

The former Argentinean coach, Jose Pekerman, is still among Boxhill's final slate of candidates for the job.</SPAN>
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

RE: JFF courts Bora Milutinovic to coach Reggae Boyz

<SPAN class=news_body>Milutinovic is the only coach in football history to qualify five teams to the World Cup finals - Mexico, Costa Rica, the US, Nigeria and China. </SPAN>

Granted Bora isa solidcoach, but he did not qualify 5 teams tothe world cup. He took over the head coaching duties after Nigeria had already qualified for the tournament.
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

And the US was already qualified for the World Cup as hosts in 94.

In either case he would be a great pick-up. - T.K.
      No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

With Boxhill at the helm, what difference would it make? Boxhill need to step aside first in order for us to start progressing again.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

<DIV>
          Lazie (10/5/2006)<SPAN class=news_body>

He resigned as head coach of Honduras in June 2004, citing the prevailing bad atmosphere created by comments by the country's managers, officials and press.

</SPAN>
          </DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Den...him nuh might resign di Reggae Boyz job tuh if him get it?!?</DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I am not too fund of Bora coaching the Boyz. I would rather we go back to Simoes than bringing in Bora. I am not too sure his style would fit us.
            "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Lazie (10/5/2006)<SPAN class=news_summary>RJR Sports understands that Jamaica Football Federation President Crenston Boxhill travelled to Mexico on Wednesday for discussions with the Serbian, Bora Milutinovic, to assume the duties as Head Coach of the Reggae Boyz as the team prepares for World Cup qualification for South Africa 2010. </SPAN>

<SPAN class=news_body>Milutinovic is the only coach in football history to qualify five teams to the World Cup finals - Mexico, Costa Rica, the US, Nigeria and China.

He remains the only coach to take four teams to the second round of the World Cup finals.

He is known throughout the world as a soccer mercenary, able to take a team at short notice and achieve immediate success.

He took over Costa Rica just before the 1990 World Cup finals and stunned many by advancing the team to the second round.

He is now a naturalized Mexican citizen and is married to a Mexican.

The former Argentinean coach, Jose Pekerman, is still among Boxhill's final slate of candidates for the job.</SPAN>
              I don't like it; I don't know the guy but it sounds like a quick fix (that band aid I talked about on a gaping wound) I just don't think a Mexican, a Dutch, a German, a french man or any one else can <U>EFFECTIVLY</U> do the job as a mentor and coach to our Reggae Boyz WE NEED BLOOD, YARD BLOOD. We don't want a warm body just doing it for the money, how much do they care? Quick example our coach built a relationship with all his players, he used to call us his sons, then he got a job offer to coach Saudi Arabia, we just knew that he wouldn't go we were wrong when we asked how could you go and just leave us? he replied "just for the money" can you figure that out.

Comment

What does a nation that needs drastic improvements in player development and basic infrastructure want with Bora? How does Bora help us? Jamaica could have easily qualified for the last world cup with Carl Brown at the helm... and Iadmit openly thatCarl Brown is not the greatest coach in the world.

What we need is not a big name football coach but someone in the background to implement football development islandwide so our national coaches have better to work with for generations to come and go on to qualify us for consecutive world cups for years to come. If the JFF technical committeewas ofany use searching abroad for such a person wouldn't even be necessary. There are coaches all over Mexico the USA, Argentina, Brazil, Eastern Europe that could come and improve our training methods and player development and tracking systems without breaking the bank.

Oh wait football administrationisonly about making it to the world cup nowadays right? I can see the Bora starting team for our next world cup qualifier and they will all be mumbling like Mauro Camoranesi when our national anthem starts playing - becauseBora isnot a man known for developing youth.
                SA 2010: Reggae Boyz coming home!

Comment

JamBoy (10/5/2006)WE NEED BLOOD, YARD BLOOD.

Comment

Bricktop. Could you please tell your boy that we alreadyhad blood.....yard blood. Is like him neva' see de massacre St. Vincent, Canada, England and Ghana lay pon wi de past 4 months. Bloodied anddead Reggae Boyz littering the field as goal after goal hit the back of our net. - T.K.

Comment

T.K. (10/5/2006)Bricktop. Could you please tell your boy that we alreadyhad blood.....yard blood. Is like him neva' see de massacre St. Vincent, Canada, England and Ghana lay pon wi de past 4 months. Bloodied anddead Reggae Boyz littering the field as goal after goal hit the back of our net. - T.K.
                      Thats the point exactly T.K. we saw the blood they shot 19 goals past us and we got 3 tell me about the foreign coach that see what you saw, and feels what you feel, and hurts as you hurtto witness the demise of the Boyz. Am talking about passion, Am talking about pride, and finally achievement.

Comment

I ask you this TK as I find you balanced and sensible (most times anyways, if Courtney was alive I would ask him) do you think Bora is a better coach than Rene?

I know the JFF had contacted him when they went for Laza but he politely turned them down as he was offered a big money contract in the middle east and wanted a break form inter-national football he told them.

My sources told me then he told them not to forget him as he may change his mind later...well appears he is readfy to come back.

For my money Bora or Peckerman is a great pick up.
                        Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                        Che Guevara.

Comment

There are NO YARD BLOOD qualified for this job

Comment

what the JFF trying to achieve than a big name coach? they don't seem to have a philosophy moving from one big name coach to another from John Barnes, to peckerman, big Phil, Brazil coach, to Bora.

It seem they thing just hiring a big name coach will do it. this process is too long and drawn out.
                            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Better coach than Rene.....That is a hard question to answer Sickko. I would be very happy witheither of them to be honest. Bora has more of a resume than Simoes and also has more credibility in world football circles. If you had to give an edge it would have to be to Bora. His record speaks for itself.

I know people here keep wanting a coach to come in and magically solve all of Jamaica's footballing ills but that is not going to happen no matter who you bring in. At this point I would prefer Bora as I think the expectations heaped upon Simoes if he were to return would be ridiculously high and he'd probably be forced out early. At least with Bora people wouldunderstand from jump streetthat he is coming in to coach the senior team and not save Jamaica's football.

In saying all that would I really be upsetif we got Simoes instead?Hell no! - T.K.

Comment

Working...
                              X