Gregory Coupet getting fearful.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gregory Coupet getting fearful.

Lyon goalkeeper Gregory Coupet is already fearing the worst ahead of his side's Champions League clash with United later this month.

The French champions currently top Ligue 1, hunting a seventh successive title, but veteran custodian Coupet doubts his side's defensive resolve can cope with the latter stages of the Champions League.

With United's trip to France for the second round, first leg tie just two weeks away, Coupet is more than apprehensive about facing the in-form Reds.

"Manchester, it scares me a lot," he told L’Equipe. "Let’s remember us what they did to Roma last year. I don’t really want to concede seven goals.

"We can be amazing but we lack rigidity. We have not got the collective strength in defence. We are professionals and we are not there to play total football."

Lyon host Sir Alex Ferguson's side in the Stade Gerland on Wednesday, 20 February before the return leg at Old Trafford on Tuesday 4 March.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Man afraid of total football ...because he knows Lyon only carries out half of the concept...i.e. the attacking half.

The other half - Defense! They too often neglect!
    Lyon's total football is not ...total football!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

him playing 'possum.....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
        him playing 'possum.....
        Well, it is said by scientist that the possum isn't actually playing dead, they go into shock when stressed. Seeing that they'll be facing the Empire .. him start stress already.

It is also said that at times people shoot the possum to put them out of their misery ...
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
          Well, it is said by scientist that the possum isn't actually playing dead, they go into shock when stressed. Seeing that they'll be facing the Empire .. him start stress already.

It is also said that at times people shoot the possum to put them out of their misery ...
          Do you think Lyon will be so affraid that caution is thrown to the wind and 'attack! attack!' is their mantra?

...mmmm???
          Wonder how BoyU would answer that as Lyon is very good on attack?!
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

it is often said that predators leave the "dead" possum alone.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
              it is often said that predators leave the "dead" possum alone.
              Its also said that motorists don't swerve when a "dead" possum is in the road. Manu won't be swearving ....

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                Do you think Lyon will be so affraid that caution is thrown to the wind and 'attack! attack!' is their mantra?

...mmmm???
                Wonder how BoyU would answer that as Lyon is very good on attack?!
                The Empire has one of the best defense in Europe Karl. Tell dem fi bring it ... the question you need to ask is if they can cope with the Empire's wrath.

Comment

The Empire has one of the best defense in Europe Karl. Tell dem fi bring it ... the question you need to ask is if they can cope with the Empire's wrath.
                  Will be interesting!

Comment

Its also said that motorists don't swerve when a "dead" possum is in the road. Manu won't be swearving ....

Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

AS I said before BoyU will CRUSH Lyon, minimum THREE goals

they may scorebut by half time it will be over, the French arent used to that type of PACE

Boyu will be stupid if they play slow
                      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...w-kit-0708.gif the wisdom and courage of my mind and the strength and vigour of my body", to enable them to enjoy a better life. I ask God's blessings on our nation. I ask for His guidance on the government that I will lead as we face the challenges of the future. I know that we can't even walk without Him holding our hands. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...aa20b58a33.gif

Comment

Working...
                      X