No announcement yet.

And what is Simoes reading these days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And what is Simoes reading these days?

Well, he quoted from this book which he recommends a lot:

Coaching with Passion and Purpose, by Paul J. Banta

Mr. Banta happens to be my high school coach back in the day. Anyone who is familiar with him will attest to the fact that he knows football. He still maintains ties to Jamaica and with the JFF. Presently he is working on some academy plans and last month conducted a coaching course in Mandeville.

I made sure to use this segue to introduce myself to Simoes and let him know about my acquaintance with Paul Banta.

I also reintroduced myself to the Captain who admitted to reading our site a lot. I know he wasn't fibbing by some of his comments and questions.

It's simply amazing how this site helps people in the industry. Not talking about the Captain specifically, but just in talking with some other people, this is certainly an important resource for them.

How yuh do, Sickko?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

When did the Prof. recommend the
    book Mo? Mi try hard fi mek Gamma still like yuh eh nuh.

Comment

This morning.

And Banta is not Brasilian!

Treason!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Okay sah, mi nuh 100%
        wid yuh pon it but mi 90 so dat wi do (haffi leave a likkle room
        of doubt) LOL

Comment

Well, since Mr. Burrell is a regular reader of our "likkle" forum here, let me talk directly to the man.

Mr. Burrell, I admit to being one who was glad to see you lose your position to Mr. Boxhill. I thought that you got a bit too arrogant and complacent in your initial successes. However, as Mr. Boxhill proved to many of us, the position was just too big and demanding for his experience. Anyway, I think that we have all learnt from our experiences and the program can only move forward from hereon.

Now Mr. Burrell, as an avid fan of the football program, who lives in the USA, I would like to offer a suggestion to you. It is the creation of an overseas fund that can in some ways be used towards the Jamaica Football program. Believe me when I tell you that there are thousands of patriotic Jamaicans and friends of Jamaica who would gladly contribute to such a fund. Of course you know the biggest obstacle to such a fund would be the JFF's integrity, transparency and accountability. I know that personally, what would make me feel more comfortable is to see this fund being managed by a reputable independent entity....say a Price Waterhouse.

Mr. Burrell, the ReggaeBoyz fans inthe Tristate are starving for a game with our Boyz and any quality team. Please make this happen sometime in the near future. I don't think I need to outline to you the financial benefits from such a match being played at the Giant (Home of the 2008 NFL Champions) Stadium. As a matter of fact, anywhere on the east coast will do. However, NY/NJ/CT may yield a higher return on your money. Everybody and their dawg have some relative or friend that lives in NY.

The marketing department of the JFF needs to be strengthen. If the personnel cannot handle the job, then hire a top-quality marketing company. The brand is not being marketed properly.

Mr. Burrell, I know you've only been in office for a few short months and that there is a ton of work to do, so I'll be watching you very closely and try to point out your shortcomings when I see them. Afterall, only a FOOL continues to make the same mistakes.
          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

aaah. Mosiah, good to see you finally warming up to the captain. I know common sense would prevail in the long run.
            President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
              I also reintroduced myself to the Captain
              Is a river bathe him ago send yuh fah next

Comment

Nuff time tings get posted here, then we see it in the Ja media the next day.

Rentchler Field near Hartford, Connecticut is ideal for an international friendly.
                Hotel rooms are much more affordable that in the New York/New Jersey area.

This is a brand new stadium with a capacity of about 40,000 that was built for UCONN football a couple years ago. The stadium has hosted quite a few international soccer matches in the past, including US vs T&T and Liverpool vs Celtic.
                Last edited by Hortical; February 4, 2008, 10:22 PM.
                Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                  It is the creation of an overseas fund that can in some ways be used towards the Jamaica Football program. Believe me when I tell you that there are thousands of patriotic Jamaicans and friends of Jamaica who would gladly contribute to such a fund.
                  Jangle, nuh baddah wid iie! We Jamaicans nuh support nutten more an soh. We give lip service like you are doing now, but if push comes to shove, uhuh missen when calld to action. You have an opportunity to contribute to a worthy cause right now - Bruce's Independence City Funds drive. Have you made a donation as yet? I guess the accountability issue comes into play right here. Excuse mi.
                  "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
                    Jangle, nuh baddah wid iie! We Jamaicans nuh support nutten more an soh. We give lip service like you are doing now, but if push comes to shove, uhuh missen when calld to action.
                    Jangle, yuh waan start up a fund, and yuh can't donate a $10 to the Indy City fund. Negro Please!
                    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

I guess we need to have Price Waterhouse manage that fund before some people will contribute.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

We full a chat, but nuh waan gi nuttin back. A just so we gwaan.

Comment

As Super Cat would say, "unuh full ah big chat an caan defen' dat. . ."
                          "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
                            Jangle, nuh baddah wid iie! We Jamaicans nuh support nutten more an soh. We give lip service like you are doing now, but if push comes to shove, uhuh missen when calld to action. You have an opportunity to contribute to a worthy cause right now - Bruce's Independence City Funds drive. Have you made a donation as yet? I guess the accountability issue comes into play right here. Excuse mi.

Ok me deserve that box!!! Well me just made my contribution. Can I get my fund going now sir?
                            Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

I respect the contriteness.

Yes, you can now get your fund!

And thanks on behalf of Bruce and indeed the RBSC!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X