Wenger reveals Ronaldo move block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wenger reveals Ronaldo move block

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has told BBC Sport he attempted to sign Cristiano Ronaldo before the winger joined Manchester United in August 2003.
    Wenger's move for the Portuguese winger Ronaldo stalled because of United's links with Sporting Lisbon.

Wenger said: "He was here much earlier - he could tell you that if he wants.

"Manchester United had a partnership with Sporting Lisbon when United assistant coach Carlos Queiroz moved and that made it very difficult."

Wenger refused to elaborate any further when questioned about Ronaldo's time with Arsenal.

"I don't want to create any story that isn't needed," the Frenchman told BBC football correspondent Jonathan Legard.

Ronaldo has been in sensational form all season, scoring 29 goals as well as setting up countless others for the Premier League leaders.

Since joining Arsenal in 1996, Wenger has established a unparallelled reputation for identifying and buying Europe's finest young players.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

how much them pay fi him?
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
      how much them pay fi him?
      The Empire paid 12 million quid.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
        The Empire paid 12 million quid.
        Excellent investment!
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
        X