wrong message, I hope Simoes change it again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wrong message, I hope Simoes change it again

If you go a college your football days DONE with Jamaica.

Maybe the only country who do that. Check Canada youth teams, Trinidad youth teams, US youth teams and all others. Some of these college players go to the MLS and A leage and actually do well.

Is it so hard to create a program that will look at these players progress once in a while? Simoes was the onlly one to include some college players and grads in his team like Paul Young, Freddy Butler, Dean Sewell, Andy Williams etc. I hope he will at least take a look at some of the talent. These are players many of them without even a green card with only a student visa and them get punished fi dat.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Agree, sometimes the yutes need fi do a little marketing and send a video tape to the coaching staff.

Like the other day I was chatting with a sistren who once kept goal for a national team. She sent a video tape to the coach while she was in college, and next ting he called her in for a trial and she became their number one keeper. Marketing and promoting one's skills is very important.
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

this maybe true Horti, but there is no direct contact to the JFF and some a di youths don't have a idea how to get in touch with them and who to talk to.

the JFF needs to be more visable and open to US based players.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

this maybe true Horti, but there is no direct contact to the JFF and some a di youths don't have a idea how to get in touch with them and who to talk to.
        It is easier for the players to find the JFF than the JFF to find the players. Just like how players will be expected to navigate the job market and sell themselves to prospective employers, so too should they be able to look up, find and contact the JFF to let them at least know of their whereabouts and progress. I think that is the least they can do, especially when you think of it that the JFF is not loaded with the resources to be tracking players once they leave the country.

BTW, this is a way in which a Supporters club could help bridge that gap.
        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Did those players (Sewell, Andy, etc.) just stay where they were and wait for a call up, or did they actively do something about it?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post

the JFF needs to be more visable and open to US based players.
            Sass: There is open direct contact with the JFF. It is found on this site. It is found on the JFF's site. It is found on FIFA's site. ...and any contact with any of the Parish FA's would get the info...

What about calling "directory assistance" in JA and requesting the number and or connection to the JFF's offices?

...google "JFF" or "Jamaica Football Federation" anyone?

I hope you are not saying our potential ballers are silly? "Silly" does not cut it at the highest levels of playing!
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

it sound easier than unnu think.

You know how many player haven't a clue and when them even try fi get a contact them nuh get nuh response at all?

a nuh everybody have them daddy or mother a Kingston and known in the the football circles or can afford a trip without been called. I see these youths all the time. There was one special youth I saw a few years ago playing in a NY comm College team and he tried to make some contacts but to no avail.

The fact is how many college players have been called over the last 4 years? Simoes had t hem coming is a special trial back in the days.

Comment

I think what is meant is, the players believe they would need more than a telephone number. What they might need is a person to take their case specifically to a coach, like what I did for Hue. Even though Hue was nationally known, I do believe my constant harping in Carl Brown's ear eventually paid off. Him deh pon him own now doh. I don't speak Portuguese!

What the players need to spend some time doing is putting together a 5 minute highlight real of their recent football career.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

yuh also need to be resilient...one call and then sit back and wait naw dweet!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

yeah Mo you have standard and you have high standard.
                    A nuff youth up yah don't have the resources, believe it or not and some a the Jamaican coaches up here can do a better job fi the youth them.

One thing I like with the American college coaches, they are not afraid to highlight another team player that is doing well as they know the system depends on it.

Comment

So how mi bredrin had a conversation
                      wid di prof. at Jazz fest? Unnuh come back wid di foolishness?

Comment

Boss the Prof. word is final
                        right now on football. If di Prof say it den mi ah go cosign it Yuh need some dictator ting fi get tings back pon track.

Comment

Maybe he speaks Portuguese?!?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                            yuh also need to be resilient...one call and then sit back and wait naw dweet!
                            You hit right on the head - If the player is good enough, keep working on the JFF!
                            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Anyway, saying that is easy too. I remember a few years ago when Machel Milwood was playing for Townsen University and his coach contacted the RBSC about him. My efforts to relay the info to the JFF was futile to say the least. Earl Bailey was the man in charge at the time and it was not until in a discussion on the forum where people were saying we should help the JFF scout players in the US. I just told it like it was of my efforts to get someone to even acknowledge receipt of my emails etc. EB then came on the forum to say yes, it was received and was passed onto the TD, who I believe was then Clovis. The player was never contacted from talking with his coach.

It is also interesting to note that Milwood was a national under-17 rep before leaving our shores, so they should know of his quality.
                              "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Working...
                              X