Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so Mo you go practise yesterday?

How them look?
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

I arrived at the Stadium in time to see Maestro involved in a play started by the goalkeeper. After a few knocks on the left hand side, Maestro provided a perfectly weighted pass for Roen Nelson to run on to. Nelson rounded the keeper and scored. Aaah! The way nature intended!

However, for me, Maestro did little else and seemed out of sorts otherwise.

Roen had another opportunity to score but his shot was weak.

Nelson continues to look good. He and Maestro were part of an A team that consisted of Rudolph Austin, Shrek, Iggy, Jahmel, Cousins, Navion Boyd, Shavar and a couple others (Woolery?). It appears they were practicing restarting the game from the goalkeeper, with the defence applying some high pressure.

Apart from Nelson and that play from Maestro, Jahmel and Austin looked good. I like the courage and dribbling skills of Eric Vernon too. My not mentioning others does not mean that they sucked (to use an American term), it's just that they probably weren't too much in the plays that I saw. The drill involved sending the ball out to the wings so those in the middle, particularly the central defenders were somewhat played out.

Yesterday's was a short practice so not much more to report.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

give thanks fi small portions but the name them Iggy and Jahmel gone over mi head.

can't wait fi see the boyz next week. Is there any NPL games this weekend and do the players break training to go back to their clubs?
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Sorry. Just trying to do an Ohene thing. Memba when him use to come pon di site a use nutten but nickname, just fi showoff?

Jahmel is Chris Walker, central defender from HVFC and Iggy is Chris Jackson, left-sided defender from TGFC.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

sorry I shoulda know iggy as he has a NY connection.

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
            Sorry. Just trying to do an Ohene thing. Memba when him use to come pon di site a use nutten but nickname, just fi showoff?

Jahmel is Chris Walker, central defender from HVFC and Iggy is Chris Jackson, left-sided defender from TGFC.
            Chris Walker or Chris Harvey? And How Savi play?

Comment

Sorry - Harvey!

Ok, yuh a show off now. Who is Savi?

Add'l info - Findlayson was on the A side as well.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I think Savi(Saviola) is Cousins.

Comment

He did his thing. But when it comes to securing a place on the 9 local squad roster, one of the top names will be Rudolph Austin, maybe even ahead of Maestro!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                    He did his thing. But when it comes to securing a place on the 9 local squad roster, one of the top names will be Rudolph Austin, maybe even ahead of Maestro!
                    Yeh mon Rudi a star.

Comment

Working...
                    X