RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Get the answers for the quiz here. And more on Luton!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get the answers for the quiz here. And more on Luton!

or Baffoon?

Dave Roberts

GettyImages

Unfortunately the biggest culprits tend to be the biggest names in the football media game, every country I have lived in, worked in or just visited sit well paid ex-pros or famous media men talking or writing the absolute opposite of fact, and ESPN isn't immune.
    Our sports commentators are great at too often telling the football fan crap.

I was nearly crucified at Mona Bowl on this one - Lucky I was it was a Business house match with many acquaintances of mine present -

The ball was played from within the defending teams penalty area from a Goal-Kick and the attacker raced in and booted it into the back of the goal before it had left the Penalty-Area. The defender nearest also did his damnedest to get to the ball and attempted to clear. Ball was pretty near to each man...just inside the area.

Well as one team was celebrating and one groaning I awarded a re-take. Happily the defending team played the ball quickly for the re-start...but, the parts of mi mumma...and the parts I was made to understand I had...parts I still up to this day do not believe are real was something else.

btw - This playing of of the ball before it has left the penalty-area occurs still too frequently during EPL matches...and, I have seen one or two this season during matches shown on FSC.
    Last edited by Karl; January 29, 2008, 04:10 PM.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
    Okay, try this one: What does the ref give if a defender plays a DIRECT freekick back to his keeper, who slips and the ball goes into the goal? I'll give the answer at the bottom of the page.

Answer to Question: Corner Kick!

Dave Roberts is an Anchor on ESPN Soccernet Press Pass, Sportscenter and Soccernet Sportscenter. He is also an international referee.
    Yikes!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Yikes!
      He must have been sarcastic when he wrote this. Whey di ref dem deh?
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Well, FIFA rules state very clearly that it would be an offside.

It states - if a direct freekick is kicked directly into the team's own goal, then a corner kick is awarded to the opposing team.

This one did stump me for real, and the funny thing is, it is not one of those "interpretation rules".

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

It states - if a direct freekick is kicked directly into the team's own goal, then a corner kick is awarded to the opposing team.
          Well mi learn something today. I'd love to see this happen in a game between 2 bitter rivals and ref say corner.
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

If it happen a Harbour View - cho! But mek it happen a Waterhouse, Garden or Jungle!

Jarrett Park? Mi first woulda tek out di referee just to prevent di whole country from explode!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
            X