Simoes witnessed an excellent game of football yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simoes witnessed an excellent game of football yesterday

between Harbour View and Tivoli. The score was 2-1 in TG's favour but Harbour View performed admirably as well. It was also the first time I was seeing the Hue brothers play against each other. It's a pity the talent is severely lopsided, but the younger Hue is not an embarrassment.

Some things that stuck out:

Roland Dean is indeed quality. Few strikers in the league turn as smoothly as he does and he is cool and composed in front of the goal. Simoes might have been impressed with what he saw, but Dean goes up against Shelton, King and others. Praises to Wendell for giving him a good run some years ago.

The number 4 for Tivoli is a decent midfielder, of the holding variety. Strong, fierce with decent vision.

Clifton Waugh, who was ceremoniuosly discarded for Walter Boyd in 1998, seems eager to make it to South Africa. He is fit and doing a tremendous job in the HVFC defence.

Dwayne Miller, the HVFC goalie, might give Simoes second thoughts. Him head tek him from time to time and Simoes doesn't need a Grobelaar in his goal.

Lovel Palmer is a quality player. Totally frill-free, he gives you nothing but excellent ball control and passing. Wha's wrong with that?

Fabian Taylor might not be ready for the big stage.

Maestro might be 29.5 years old but he is certainly maintaining his position as the leading, if not only, creative genius every time he takes the field. And there is no better striker of the ball in the league, bar none!
    Last edited by Mosiah; January 28, 2008, 10:07 AM.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Mosiah, I agree with your comments. A pretty good game yesterday. I wasn't overly impressed with Hue but he looked decent. I still think he can only play about 45 minutes....His work rate was ver poor...he was cursed almost all game by Harbour View spectators....I like dean...Harbour defence was flat at times...might be because they were down to 10 men and got tired at the end

Comment

From where I sat, Hue got nothing but respect from the Tivoli supporters. Many still gave MVP honours to the Tivoli No. 4 however, and I won't argue with that. I think Hue has set such high standards for himself that when he doesn't "dun di place" people think he had a bad game. And I note your words - "wasn't overly impressed". He tends to overly impress!

But if you check it, yesterday, his ball control was immaculate, he passed well and even defended on a couple occasions. If you or Simoes looking for more defence, it ain't gonna happen. His first half strike on goal was world class! And if they stopped fouling him... But, did you see the game against Seba? It was maestro at his old time best! Ooops, there I go campaigning again.

Harbour View's defence has been suspect all season. They might need a defensive coordinator. They were also playing an offside trap which would cause the defence to be somewhat flat. Thank goodness TG was clueless in countering it.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
      X