No announcement yet.

Shelton scores for Sheffield United against Man cty, FA cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
    - Xavi

Comment

You could see the match sharpness missing from Shelton's game. Worse touches than he normally has, but he but out a lot of effort on the defensive end.

Comment

Tilla Shelton never got a good oppurtunity, he has been given bits and pieces which has played on the youth's confidence and remember he is new to the league.

At Sheffield Shelton had to try too hard as he had so many good strikers ahead of him in Beattie, Hulse, Stead, Webber and the African youth. If you see the game you see Shelton provide more than goal scoring and another coach who believe in youth could get the best out of them.

Just listening to the fox commentator and they asking how can Sheffield be 14 in the league? They say every job Brian Robson get he makes the team worst and I can see why.

How can you have a play who dominate against Manu and Man City and can't make your bench for most of the season? The only reason Shelton start a because of injury to Beattie and Hulse just come back.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
          How can you have a play(er) who dominate against Manu and Man City and can't make your bench for most of the season?
          This comment looks it might start my proposed discussion on Shelton having a hand in Heinze leaving Man U...
          Usain "Lightning" Bolt - 9.58 secs. WR.

Comment

How can you have a play who dominate against Manu and Man City and can't make your bench for most of the season? The only reason Shelton start a because of injury to Beattie and Hulse just come back.
            Sass, we will never know why Shelton did not get more playing time for most of the season. In one instance I think he was injured but he played 13 games (4 starts and 9 substitutions) in 2007. What if he is not playing the way the coach wants him to play, do you think any coach is going to persist with him if he has other options? I guess you thik that Robson just don't like Shelton why he has not featured more in games for this season?

I really do not think a coach would willingly keep a player out of the team, especially when he is under pressure from a team that is not performing. Players go to teams all the time and they take time to adjust. Some make the adjustment quicker than others.

I pointed out to you Sheva at Chelsea still struggling to adjust and he cost the club $30 million to Shelton's $1.85million.

OK Sass, let us see how Shelton deal with playing for Simoes. Will Simoes keep his as a fixture up front or will he force him to earn his game?
            "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

yes, Tilla, as you said, he was invited, but never took up the offer. I was mixing him up with another Derby player, Micheal Johnson.
              President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
                - Xavi

Comment

Tilla me nah say Robson nuh like Shelton. I think Robson is one a them old English coach who don't believe in an enterprising player, and he doesn't seem to believe in youth but buying all the name players but it is not working for him.

You can talk bout Shiv but at no stage was Shelton a staple in Robson side. He is on the bench one week, in the second team the next and getting 5 minutes the next. The youth need a team that will give him some first team try in the division for a month and you will see the difference.

Tilla sometimes it nuh matter how you prove yourself if the coach nuh believe inna you, you salt.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                  X